Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

START ERROR - HELP

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DrX 
#1 ·
Hello everyone in the Benz world family, I am new to this forum and an owner of my 2003 SLK320.

I am at a lose and hoping someone can help me, when I try to start the car it gives me the "start error" message on the dash, however it does click twice to indicate that its trying to start. It does unlock by the key fob and all indicator lights come on as well, the radio works, etc. When I disconnect the negative side and reattach it in 30 Seconds it started, but now I get just the engine to turn over and then it stops and nothing, if I do the same thing I get the same result.

I had the battery tested and it is 100% good, so I'm not sure what to do, can someone please help, much appreciated!

Kevin Morgan

#4 ·
If both keys aren't working, you have a faulty immobilizer coil ("DAS ring" + attached control module) or faulty DAS module. Hopefully you haven't done any jump-starting lately, which can fry these modules. Sometimes they go bad for no good reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.