Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

No power after first starting up

662 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Subby_ 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 230 Kompressor registered in 2000 and done around 150K miles.

It starts and ticks over fine but for the first 100 yards or so there is no power and if I try to accelerate too much it jerks forward. Then all of a sudden it springs to life and seems to run fine.

Also sometimes after start up I can here a whining noise then after about 20 seconds or so it stops.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

#2 ·
1. Do you notice a "hard shifting" bump when you go from Park to reverse?
2. When you then go from reverse to Drive do you sense it takes a little longer to engage into drive? Not sure how well you know the car - but if you do, you can sometimes notice these little changes.
3. Does turning the car off to position 0 and back on again result in the same issue over and over again?

#3 ·
hard to say for sure without getting it read for codes.

as yours is a 2000 model it still could be a the prefacelift with the older style supercharger clutch. take a photo of your engine bay so we know for sure.

if it is that model, then the power going in and out could be the K40 relay playing up supplying power to the s/c clutch, or a bad MOSFET on the ecu which controls the s/c clutch.

it could also be the MAF sensor and or the camshaft position sensor.

if it whines in the mornings that could be normal if its the s/c with a clutch as depending how cold it is and your location, it will engage the s/c at idle to warm the car up quicker for emissions purposes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.