Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My side rear windows won't go down

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dblaze9 
#1 ·
I recently found out how to let my roof down manually seeing as it is way too expensive to fix/replace the hydraulic pump but the second time I let it down and tried to put the roof back up my rear side windows wouldn't let up and I've tried as much as my car knowledge permits and I am desperately in need of assistance please some body help

#2 ·
The Hydraulic system must be pressurized and filled with fluid to the proper level in order for your rear windows to go back up. You can buy the MB fluid ONLY at the dealer or online and fill up the pump. You can search on the forum and find how to refill it. There is obviously a leak somewhere that will have to be fixed, but you should be able to get your windows back up if you give it a quick refill...

#4 ·
The key to this post is that he is already having issues with leaks with his hydraulic actuators in the roof. I know for a fact that if your system is not pressurized or if the hydraulic pump is not filled between the Min & Max lines that the rear windows will NOT go back up. This happened to me before I fixed my own actuator leak in the top locking mechanism. As soon as I fixed the leak and filled it back up with hydraulic fluid, the rear wing windows went right back up. I'm 99% sure that this is a hydraulic pump issue keeping the windows from raising and not the electrical motor or micro-switch...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.