Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Disconnecting Boot Latch Pneumatic fitting

1K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Billy22Bob 
#1 ·
need some help on how to disconnect the pneumatic hose from the boot latch ....

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
You may have a leak where the plastic tube crimps onto the metal nipple. You may try a hose clamp there first.

#9 ·
Loctite Extreme Repair is my go to silicon sealant and adhesive. You can apply a bead around a leaking pneumatic hose junction, or probably repair a cracked diaphragm. I wipe the area clean with a paint preparatory solvent, and wipe that surface clean after it dries. I use a Qtip or white paper towel.

#10 · (Edited)
Well I've gotten myself into a real pickle now....The trunk/boot is locked and my factory key doesnt open it...the latch doesnt activate when I press the key...so she's locked+locked....
I went out to remove the latch to see if I could fix the leak and get it working - but she's locked....

any ideas?...I was wondering if you can access it half way through the roof retraction operation....???

l8tr...yes - managed to go half way through the roof retraction and access the latch to unlock it.

#11 ·
I managed to pull out the white diaphragm and linkage without removing the handle mechanism (that seemed to be a little harder)...found the main problem was the leak at the connection, but when I sucked on it without the connection the actuation was kinda sound...so I epoxied the connection up. I actually have a hose connected to it anyway because the yellow hose was missing from the car when I bought it - so future removal is still easy.
Setting overnight so will see in the morning. Will post pick if it works.

Alternate question - can you get these key barrels confirgured for your car...? probably costs a bomb - but curious just the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.