Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1998 SLK 230
Location: Melbourne, AU
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
with the ECU coding or rather introducing it to the rest of the system can be done with carsoft or STAR DAS (dealer).
if the old ecu is still talking the software copies the settings and then asks you to replace the ecu. once in it writes the old ecus coding to the new. if the old ecu is not talking then it can be manually coded only by dealer.
with the key and transponder this is a dealer job as it links into the immobilizer. ecu failing and keys failing are rare...
if the immobilizer has failed the car wouldn't start at all and START ERROR would come up on the dash. the key is being authenticated as it is starting...
- ASP pulley kit
- 87mm supercharger pulley
- Ported Eaton M62 supercharger
- Ported supercharger inlet manifold
- MAF screen & throttle body screen delete
- Automatic intercooler spray kit
- Single 2.5" Magnaflow Hi-flow cat
- Magnaflow rear muffler + Lukey Ultraflo resonator
- Shift-I progressive shift light
- Custom ECU tune
- Air box delete (custom) with BMC airfilter
- 10c degree STAR thermo fan mod
- FireStorm igntion coil booster
- 5 Bar fuel pressure regulator