Slk heater not blowing hot - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R170 SLK Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Slk heater not blowing hot

I have searched the forum have read many posts about people having issues with air not blowing cold my issues is the air blows hot and then cold then super hot. I check the duo valve it appeared clean When the heater blows hot the separate temp controls do adjust properly. There does not appear to be a reason. I will drive shut it off an on both car and blower and sometimes gets hot other times it doesn't. Any help would be great. Not sure what other parts to test
manifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: 2001 SLK 230 Sport
Just a wild guess....

...but based on what I have seen on other cars, it could be a vacuum issue. I read in another thread where some 230k's have morning start-up brake issues that could be because of the kompressor bypassing and acting as a smog pump (secondary circuit), and if the manifold has positive pressure you have no vacuum built up for secondary systems, like brakes or heater controls. Again, just a wild shot, but it sounds like your hot/cold air mix is acting up and those flappers should be vacuum controlled.

If you have a leak anywhere in the vacuum system it is possible to draw enough vacuum at idle, but as you step on the gas the pressure goes from negative to positive and there goes your controls.

Let me know what you find!
Krisanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R170 SLK Class