New face lift inside and out My slk 230 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R170 SLK Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 2001 SLK 230
Send a message via Skype™ to jorallo
New face lift inside and out My slk 230

Dear r170 owners thank you for the LOADS of information i have used everything from how to take apart breaks to even the rebuild of the cylinders I know that the car is aged well but why not make her look amazing thanks to you guys shes on her way.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/391228...30-roadster-2d

I hope you guys enjoy the build and the photos I'm still not done there will be a show in daytona where the car will be shown and v2lab.com in orlando this coming 27 where the car will be shown off again. Future mods suede yellow insert door panels and black suede roof interior.

the car suspension is still on order more photos to come.
jorallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
did you remove any of the dash to paint it or simply mask it up?

unbelievable you can get a "show" car without taking it back to base and stripping everything out.
Billy22Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 2001 SLK 230
Send a message via Skype™ to jorallo
dash removal

yes.. the whole dash had to be removed. It was a horrendous experience. I read everything about the complaints about the dash when i first bought the car i had the dash Dyed. to black the car was originally grey and black.. but it had cosmetic cracks. So we took the whole thing out decided to prime it use plastic adhesive to hold things together.. but man did all the tabs just fall apart the dash was just a mess. I will take more photos

Didn't need to sand the car to metal sanding it down past the original clear was pretty decent. Then 2 layers of sunburst yellow color matched and 2 layers of clear... then 1 week of bake then wet sanded then another layer of clear = deeeep gloss ...

I'm very thankful for this website and the guys.. I know that bazzle owns a vw now but his postings were my manual.
jorallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R170 SLK Class