Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

If MAF sensor is not working will it cause the super charger not to come on?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Jeffrimerman 
#1 ·
I am getting a code P0100MAF and my car is hesitant at idle and the super charger is not turning on at all. What is strange is that when I plug my computer in I can read where it shows MAF readings as though the sensor was working. I even unplugged my sensor and could still see readings. The readings changed when I would change rpms. So now I am confused. Is the thing I took out of the intake just before the manifold the MAF sensor? Is there another MAF sensor giving those readings? Does the one I unplugged govern the super charger? Does anyone have an extra one for sale just incase? I found one on the internet somewhere used for $125, so maybe I will just order that. Just don't want to buy something I don't need.

#2 ·
I am getting MAF code P0100.

I am not getting the MAP code anymore since I found the broken vacuum line. I would like to come down if you could be some help. What time are you working on the car? I have to be at work at 2:30pm on sunday, but am off allday on saturday if you aren't to busy. I do have a digital camera and an OBDII tool that I can bring. Sunday morning is good too. Thanx.

#4 ·
I did a little experiment.

I reset the ECU by unplugging the battery instead of just reseting with laptop. Then I started the car and took rpms to 2k. The sc came on right away, then when I let rpms drop and back up again sc didn't come on. So I think the ECU got feedback from sensors not to turn it on after a second of time. Then I did same thing and unplugged MAP sensor. Then got P0100MAF code from doing that. That was funky. So maybe bad MAP instead of bad MAF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.