Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

slk32 suspension question

6K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  32krazy! 
#1 ·
has anybody lowered the slk32? i see all the lowered spings for sale ie: eibach h&r springs and they all say fits 320 body.
is the 32 already lowered? i want to drop the rear but if the springs are already the same as the eibachs were would i turn to?

#2 ·
Renntech makes a set of lowering springs for the '32, but they're twice as much as most everything else out there ($525). Part number for the set is 32 170 00 96. But there's probably not much demand these days...call 'em and you never know, they might cut you a deal if they have a set lying around.

#5 ·
Cup kit! I love my set up.

#7 ·
hi.
I have mont HR springs and Bilstein Sprint on my 32a.
I have also let a company make polyurethane bushes to the front
because the front is realy heavy. The car is much faster
in handling corner and smal funny roads. I have many
Miata frends (I have one before) now i can keep up with
them in the corners and se them disipear when the
road gets straighter. Mick

Attachments

#8 ·
i love the drop on your 32!! can you tell me the model number of the h&r springs? and the bilstein shocks?
when you talk about the poly bushings are you talking about the bushings for the front sway bar?
did you use adj camber arms for the rear to help in alignment?

#9 ·
Thanks.
HR spring HR-29-769 are the number in sweden they
drop the car 40mm.
Bilsein sprint for shorter springs are Be3-2525 front
Be3-2526 rear
I have put new bushes in the the a-arms ? and sway bar.
No i havent done anything in the rear of the car yet
Sorry for my bad spelling Mick

#12 ·
craig check out waldig's threads on the srt-6 forum. he used some bushings from a bigger mopar for the sway bars. worked well and inexpensive. dont know of any urethane a arm bushings.
love the look of his car! this is gonna cost me i can tell:D

#15 · (Edited)
ok i have done the research and the winner is!!........... h&r sport cups!!! they seem to have the best setup and the cost is pretty close considering springs and shocks and camber arms.
i would love the coilovers but doesnt seem to be available for the slk32 bummer!
my question is for those that have them. do i still need camber arms for the rear with the cup set? im sure a full alignment is needed.
how is the ride on a daily basis?

amgmick the cats are gone on mine as well as the resonator and now have a ansa dual tip to install. the sound is amazing at wot!!

#17 ·
theres a set of lensolo arms on mbworld for sale rite now. look very similar to the mbarts. also saw mbarts posting with a 310 special price but on ebay they are 300!
i wonder if the cup setup will req. camber arms? i will want to get everything at one time. i picked up a spring compressor for 110$ and should be here next week. once i have everything its drop time!:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.