Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

657 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WillSF555 
#1 ·
Hi everybody...

I've been reading the forum now for quite sometime and have enjoyed much of it! I've got an SLK320 with the 'AutoStick' and absolutely love my car!!!!!

I've got lots of opins but we all know what opins are like. [:D]

About the FSS: Can I take my car in for its first service before the system tells me it's time; and if so will it still be covered? I am leasing my car all maintance is covered.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to more postings.
Steve

#2 ·
Hi YAWP320, WTTC I can't figure out what your location is from what you wrote? About the services,

I assume that leasing is the same as buying so if you mean can you bring it in when only half the time has expired for a service, the answer is no you would have to pay for that and you'd be better off having it done by a independant place as the prices you have to pay when it's not covered are pretty steep. Most of the guys do an oil change between the secheduled ones, and if you check back in the postings you will see they were just talking about what oils and the viscosities of them to use.
Hope this helps!

#3 ·
We took it in for a messed up fuel level sending unit and the shop changed the oil with 20...

We took it in for a messed up fuel level sending unit and the shop changed the oil with 2000 miles left on the FSS. I don't like waiting 10K+ miles to change the oil either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.