Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Just ordered Birdseye door pulls from "For My Mercedes!"

846 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  LN 32 
#1 ·
Jerry kept his word and called me when he got another set in the black stain. I believe this will really pick up the look of my interior. It is also nice that it is a snap in fit and will not require removal of the door panel. Between that and the lighted AMG door sills, and the birdseye and chrome shifter my car's interior ought to look classier than when stock.

#2 ·
Ironically I prefer the lighter wood myself...

but I don't feel like re-doing the entire interior. I prefer a more traditional stain. On the plus side, the black stain gets lighter quickly sue to sun fade and turns more of a gray which helps too.

#3 ·
Hmmmm, guess that doesn't explain why I like the birdseye given that I have silver ....

I like it since it doesn't look like wood. [8D] (I'm one of those people who doesn't feel wood belongs in a sports car.)

#4 ·
I respect that, but it drives me nuts when...

manufacturers put lesser materials on the high performance versions of a particular car. They hope performance freaks like the low key approach. Yea right. Low key is why I buy a very high performance car. Not.
A friend is building from a low mile, all original, and nice BTW, '80 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, with a 500 cu. in. caddy motor that should run mid 13's and have purrfect reliabilty and driveability. Wire wheels, Vogue tires, and absolutely boat loads of stainless trim will make it a performance sedan that I can look at with pride, where all the euro big time sedans you have to admire their engineering and live with the looks that seem to say--- whatever.
I don't like apologetic cars.

#5 ·
Understood. Post pics of the birdseye pieces when you have time.

#7 ·
Jerry kept his word and called me when he got another set in the black stain. I believe this will really pick up the look of my interior. It is also nice that it is a snap in fit and will not require removal of the door panel. Between that and the lighted AMG door sills, and the birdseye and chrome shifter my car's interior ought to look classier than when stock.
Shane, I think the door pulls make a big difference in the appearance of the interior. You will love them.

#9 ·
Thanks. Looks good. May have to look into it myself. (As long as ......

I can remove the pieces for concours competitions. Learned my lesson today to switch out the shift knob next time. [;)] )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.