Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SLK PROBLEMS !!!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  guido23 
#1 ·
Ive been having a few problems lately.. are any of you experiencing / have ever experienced these??

1) the major prob is that when i put my car into park,, it sometimes rolls back or forward (depending if im on a hill) for about 10 feet before i hear i "click" and then the car comes to a stop!! very very dangerous!!! its as if my park brake doesnt work anymore?? i now have to use the emergency brake 100% of the time because i never know if my car will start rolling??

2) roof wont open without me giving it a push start

3) no radio reception at all,, not even weather band

4) fuel gage and temp gage is way off !!

i have to bring my car into the dealer next week? im under starmark warranty? will any or all of these issues be covered under warranty as well?

please help...

desperate,,

jason yeldell (jay new jersey)

See less See more
#2 ·
Get it in for service

these sound like pretty substantial issues and some near catastrophic failures.

I don't know the terms of a starmark warranty but if issues like this are not covered then it seems completely useless.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

#3 ·
ok, ill keep u guys posted,, it goes in for service on monday,, i wont drive it till the...

ok, ill keep u guys posted,, it goes in for service on monday,, i wont drive it till then

#5 ·
oh boy,, guido,, you have no idea how amazing these things are!!! ive had them on for ab...

oh boy,, guido,, you have no idea how amazing these things are!!! ive had them on for about a month now and i would say that i have caused about 4 accidents (fender benders) in the first week alone..... when i drive,, the rim looks as if its "moonwalking" and when i stop, the rims look like they are on "fast forward" hahaha

i dont have firewire connection for my digicam,, but i will post still pix later today when i get off work...!!

P.S.......the women have been loving em.....hehehehe

mission accomplished

#6 ·
The automatic transmission has a rod-actuated park mechanism which may be defective in y...

The automatic transmission has a rod-actuated park mechanism which may be defective in your car. For more reading, go to e.g., http://www.allcars.org/auto_transmission.html

Repair won't be cheap as they will have to disassemble the transmission. It is also very unusual for something like this to break. How many miles does the car have? Any racing?

Did the other electrical problems occur after DVD etc had been installed? Again, this is the first time I have seen gauges AND radio AND roof all fail at the same time. Did you do the installation or have a car electrician do it?

#7 ·
hello and thanx for the info...the car is a 1999 230....with 50,000 milesno raci...

hello and thanx for the info...

the car is a 1999 230....with 50,000 miles

no racing what so ever, (not my thing)

electronic failures were actually present b4 i added the dvd and all that jazz.

parking brake problems actually started about a month ago.. i noticed that when i park the car, it would first roll back about a few inches before it clicked and stopped...but now,, sometimes it will continue to roll!

is it possible that it is the new wheels i had installed?? maybe they are the wrong offset or sumthin????

#8 ·
Maybe the car is JEALOUS of the rims...

when you stop the car (in traffic) the wheel centers keep moving. Well, the SLK wants to keep moving after you put it in Park. You may have gone TOO FAR with this set of wheels!! :) -HarleyB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.