Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT: My latest arrival.....

2K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  CarlJ 
#1 ·
Well not yet, but soon.

Shane, no comments please [:eek:)]

I think it will look good next to the 32 and NSX.

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you starting a car museum? Nice car, best of luck with it.

#8 ·
I can't believe it! I....

think it is a great car. Ha. Looks like it has low miles. That to me is the best looking 911 Turbo series (993) made to date. I had a '95 911 Cab. with tip. that was fun for awhile. Cheers! I like 911 turbos actually, I just complain about magazines not giving a complete picture of the pluses and minuses of all wheel drive. Have fun. Nice car collection. I have been looking for a Buick GNX (extreme low mile one)to add to my collection. Always loved them and they are guaranteed to be a good resale now. Now if I can just finish my building project I might find some spare funds... Enjoy your rides! Nice garage!

#11 ·
Gorgeous Car Periokid, you're starting to create one heck of a stable there...

Very Nice Choice, I've always had a thing for 993's. I thought you were thinking about a family car...?
[;)] I guess the Porsche is more of a family car than the 2 seating SLK and NSX. Still thinking about a 210 E55?

Congrats and have fun with it

#12 ·
W210 E55 is not being considered anymore....

Very Nice Choice, I've always had a thing for 993's. I thought you were thinking about a family car...?
[;)] I guess the Porsche is more of a family car than the 2 seating SLK and NSX. Still thinking about a 210 E55?

Congrats and have fun with it

Just afraid of a big depreciation with the W211 E55 out. Maybe in the future.

#15 ·
I'm a bit confused.. I've seen 993 Turbos going for a steal these days, what kept you from...

I'm a bit confused.. I've seen 993 Turbos going for a steal these days, what kept you from going for one of those instead?

If you don't mind sharing, how much was the car?

#16 ·
Re: I'm a bit confused.. I've seen 993 Turbos going for a steal these days, what kept you from

I'm a bit confused.. I've seen 993 Turbos going for a steal these days, what kept you from going for one of those instead?

If you don't mind sharing, how much was the car?
993 turbos run about 80,000 and up. Turbo S cars are 100,000+ This car is substantially less and in show car condition.

Plus less maintenance issues without the turbo components and I like how the 2 wheel drive 993s drive vs the all wheel drive cars

Plus insuring a Porsche turbo is extremely expensive.

#18 ·
TIRED of course.

I'm moving up in the doctoring world so I'll have some extra cash.
Seriously, I prefer to buy cars that are a few years old with all the goodies on them. Much better value don't you think?

Soon to be DallasJack on July 1st. Look forward to meeting up with the slk owners there, and driving Shane's car if he'll let me. Later Jack

#19 ·
Re: Re: I'm a bit confused.. I've seen 993 Turbos going for a steal these days, what kept you

993 turbos run about 80,000 and up. Turbo S cars are 100,000+ This car is substantially less and in show car condition.
I'm not sure where you're looking, but that seems quite high compared to what I've seen. A friend of mine just received his insurance settlement, and picked up a 2001 996 Turbo with 8K miles for $80,000.

I do know what you mean about RWD vs. AWD, and the insurance issue.

Congrats on the car!

#24 ·
Re: Wha...Wha... What?... I'm at a loss for words....

David Leonoff isn't going to mod his car!?!? Say it ain't so![;)] Then again, the 993 is a great car to begin with. Just how fast is the NSX?
Nope. This car will remain stock with the only possible change being the wheels. If I do change the wheels it will be with genuine Porsche turbo wheels.

I plan on showing the car in Concours events.

NSX in its current from is very fast. I will be taking it to the 1/4 strip one of these day to see what it can do. I estimate ~12.3 - 12.5 in the 1.4 mile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.