Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Exchanging pre-face lift door handles with post-face lift ones...

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  davezaristo 
#1 ·
1) Are the parts exactly the same except painted?

2) Any problems?

3) Does anyone have a list of the parts needed?

4) How much was it?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I did it....

Yes, everything is the same except that it is painted. One problem however...you can't get the piece with the keyhole on the driver's side so you're going to have to paint it yourself to match. Mine starte to chip so i have to repaint it again. I got the parts from my dealer. Each handle was like 45 and the small piece on the passenger's side is an addition 20 or something. But the look is great. Anyways, good luck on it.

David

#4 ·
Re: I did it....

How many pieces are involved in the mod? Do you have the exact part number?

Also, how much was your sl antenna and does it come painted? Any part # on that also?

Thanks!

Yes, everything is the same except that it is painted. One problem however...you can't get the piece with the keyhole on the driver's side so you're going to have to paint it yourself to match. Mine starte to chip so i have to repaint it again. I got the parts from my dealer. Each handle was like 45 and the small piece on the passenger's side is an addition 20 or something. But the look is great. Anyways, good luck on it.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.