Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Any Good or Bad Reviews of Supercharger dealers.

804 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  FKNBEST 
#1 ·
I am in need of a new supercharger and was needing some advice on which company to go with in regards to purchasing a rebuilt supercharger for my 1998 SLK 230. I am just looking for a stock replacement. I live in Tennesse, US. Any responses on good or bad experiences would be greatly apprieciated.

#2 ·
AVOID THE DEALER... If i were you, i would remove your SC and send it to Wade E. @ The High Speed Lab, Google Them. They can rebuild your SC, alot of great reviews from members on here for both quality of work, and performance also...

now if your just looking for something to get you by, check ebay for a used SC, will cost you less, but ofcourse, condition and quality are unknown...

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply

Yea I don't plan on going to the dealer if at all possible. I was looking at a couple of places that do the supercharger rebuilding similar to "The High Speed Lab". They are SuperchargersOnline.com, turbochargerpros.com. I think one of them had free shipping and cheep core shipping. The other was advetising a lifetime warranty. High Speed Labs is the only company I have seen mentioned in any of the posts I have read so far. I just don't know how my wife will feel about seeing her baby torn apart for a few weeks waiting on getting the supercharger back. I am sure she would start doubting my mechanical skills. I thought it may be easier on me to just get a rebuilt one shipped and tackle the project all in one day or weekend. Then ship the core to which ever company I decided to go with.

#4 · (Edited)
Yea I don't plan on going to the dealer if at all possible. I was looking at a couple of places that do the supercharger rebuilding similar to "The High Speed Lab". They are SuperchargersOnline.com, turbochargerpros.com. I think one of them had free shipping and cheep core shipping. The other was advetising a lifetime warranty. High Speed Labs is the only company I have seen mentioned in any of the posts I have read so far. I just don't know how my wife will feel about seeing her baby torn apart for a few weeks waiting on getting the supercharger back. I am sure she would start doubting my mechanical skills. I thought it may be easier on me to just get a rebuilt one shipped and tackle the project all in one day or weekend. Then ship the core to which ever company I decided to go with.
If there is a company that does that, i would say that sounds like a good deal, good luck finding one, but for me, the cheapest route seems like next day shipping both ways and a 10 day build at "THSL" (for short...) Its all up to you, i have seen online a few other places within the US that work on our SC's, some being in cali, others spreadout within the mid west... Im sure if you look hard enough, you can find one not too far, and possibably do the work without having to ship anything... explore your options, save as much money as possible, even if it means the car sits for 2 weeks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.