Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Modified door pins

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  szutter 
#1 ·
Ok, so I finally gat my led flashing door pins installed. I made these replacement pins on my lathe. I was tired of not being able to tell if my car was locked from afar. So I decided to do somthing about it, pluss I thought I would do somthing that made my car stand out from the rest :D. It was tough to get it working as the alarm system does not have any of the standard wiring that other systems offer for hooking up aftermarket flashers so I had to get a little bit creative. In the end it turned out really well and works flawlessly. Have a look and tell me what you think of the final product.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
creative, now what about the actual pin, you just removed it? does that LED move up and down ontop of it?

#4 ·
I actually removed the door pins as well as the rod that connects the pins to the door locking mechanism, for that I had to remove the locking mechanism from the door remove the rod and then reasemble, It was quite the process. No the leds do not move they are flush mounted through the top of the aluminum housings and held in place with epoxy from the underside. Actually I drilled a hole so the led would pressure fit inside exposing about 1 to 1.5 mm out the top of the aluminum then I put them back on the lathe and shaved them flat against the top edge. So the led is the clear portion you see in the centre of the housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.