Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Supercharger update!!!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  lynx 
#1 ·
For those few who have faithfully followed my M45 project for the better part of a year I have a very sad ending to this project. I have been posting some really interesting photos and was telling you guys that the dammed project was just about complete.

I have waited about ONE YEAR and I have been telling you guys what I was being told. I receive an email from the vendor about a week ago telling me that they were cancelling the project because I had sent them an email telling them I was not happy waiting for close to a year and all of a sudden the guys wife sends me an email basically telling me they were going to send me all of the money back to me but here is the kicker in the gonads!! SIT DOWN!!

They were going to repay me over a 6 month period. Since they are out of state I have no choice but to be nice and I cannot do a thing about it. You guys have seen the photos. The work was really good and the up side was unlimited but now I am without my OEM M45 and have to wait to get back my money I paid.

If any of you chose to use this vendor I wanted you all to understand my expierences with them. I had a contract with them and all I did was email them and express my dissapointment about having to wait one year. ONE YEAR! Please do not mention my name please. I would like to get my money back. Once I have my money back then I will post more.

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, do you get the SC back also? Why are they being obnoxious, honestly they sound like the company is run by 6 year olds! Email them saying F***k that, finish the god damn thing and keep the cash!

#5 ·
Guys I am just going to get all of the money back plus they are going to pay me for my M45. At this point I am so fed up with them. I have contacted Bob Stegmeir and the whole list of vendors who do Supercharger work years ago.

The problem with the SLk 230 is the space in which you have to mount a larger blower. The only true way to go is to have a custom header made and to install a one off turbo set up. You are still running boost and with a boost controller your SLK will not know the difference. At least not the 00-04's as they have the M45's and not the M62's with that clutch.

I have a very good friend who is looking to buy me a used M45!
Once in hand I will have it customzied but within reason. Trust me I can sqeeze out an extra 4-6 pounds of boost without creating a lot of hot air. I learned a ton of stuff this past year from this vendor and will use it. Once I get paid in full I will share everything with all of you and then if any of you wants to customize your M45 it will not be very expensive.

#7 ·
There we go steve, TURBO baby!

Dont trust boost controllers, they blip up and down because of the spring, just because lets say you set it to 12 PSI, well at initial boost spike will be around 14-15, then settle down to 10 and float between 10-12... If you do get a BC, get a hallman with a HARD spring... this way when you set it to 12, it should only vary 1PSI and kepp around 12 throught the power band!

TURBO IS THE WAY TO GO!

plus im lookin up with my source about tunning the SLK's you got any pointers or tips i should relay to him.

#10 ·
sorry buddy, that m62 wont work on steves car, he needs an m45, different SC for pre/post facelift

#11 · (Edited)
FKNBEST said:
Email them saying F***k that, finish the god damn thing and keep the cash!
What a lousy company, their work might be good but their customer service sucks! You waited one whole year and paid them in full and they aren't even professional enough to give the thing back. Compensation for the time wasted should be demanded on top of what ever else they are going to give you.

Steve, do you think the TheHighSpeedLabs didn't give you back your SC back because all the new 'technology' and custom fabbing they put into it? Patent pending innovations make people act crazy sometimes. Now I will be thinking twice before I send out my spare supercharger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.