Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Current Project In Progress Please Read

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Drewby230 
#1 ·
I've gutted the interrior to repaint and repair.
I have discovered wires on the bottom on the seats for ? Reason.
I dont have heated seats.
I have discovered a ethernet looking cord and another antenna looking thing under the center console.
I have taken apart the insturment cluster and painted the needles red.
Im ordering red bulbs soon for the cluster.
Im going to wire LED lights to light up the cup holder area and i also painted my stock sub covers red to match,
I plan on painting the rollbars too.

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
The colour is determined by the speedo/tach filter material - bulbs are white

Red bulbs behind the orange speedo should be fairly red - (for instance, you could not do blue without getting a new speedo dial) - Adelaide SLK did it if you search

Bruce

#10 ·
Why did you get twelve of them?
There are two yellow backed bulbs and a few tiny brown backed bulbs.
I want to replace the yellow backed ones too.
Sorry for all the questions i appreciate the answers!

#11 · (Edited)
he got 12 because if you knotice in this LINK (2nd picture from the bottom...), there are 12 baige housing blubs and 2 yellow... Now the question i have is this! If you changed all thouse bulbs lets say for instance, the High beam is usualy blue, atleast in my car, with a red blub, is it still blue or is it purple? I can see why lets say Check engine would be ok to change, because it is yellow, and if it came out red its still in the norm, now for SRS there is no need to change the blub because it already is red... So eyther you bought 12 red blubs for IDK what reason, or you bought 12 white blubs as replacements, maby a combination of the 2?

As far as the yellow housing blubs, i most likly will replace mine if possible, is there anyone who knows if an LED would work? I dont need more blub codes and I dont want to have to take my dash apart periodicaly to fix this, or adjust that...

Pic's of your finished outcome would be great, aswell as more information and anwsered questions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.