Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SLK320 Service Interval

10K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Kobus 
#1 ·
What is the mileage between any service performed on SLK320? I had 65K service (Oil change, Transmission flush, air filters etc) done on mine at 68000 miles (June 2008), now the car is at 79200 miles and next services indicates to be 2200 miles away. Is 13500 miles not too much distance before the next service is due? I am just worried if the service indicator is working properly or not, I thought service on this car was due every 10000 miles, but I could be wrong.

#6 ·
But it will automatically be adapted according to your driving style. Lots of short town trips, it will go down to maybe every 5,000 to 8,000 miles. Lots of long distance driving or adding oil can push it up to 15,000 miles. FSS will analise the oil quality and adjust the service interval accordingly.

#7 · (Edited)
Thx Kobus. That's what I noticed. After about 11K miles since last service it said 2500 for next service but then the oil level indicator lit up. I checked the area in the garage where I park and I see no oil leak, checked oil level and it was low, so filled up a quart of recommended Mobil oil and it's been around 1.5K miles since then and it says 1900 for next service.
This is the second time that I have gotten service for a Benz Dealer and the oil level indicator has lite up well before the computer indicates that service due. As I said earlier, I see no leakage, would there be anything else wrong or would the dealer be not topping the oil level off?

#8 ·
No, that's probably just normal oil consumption. 1 Quart on 10,000 miles is nothing to worry about. I think MB says that up to 1 quart/1,000 miles is fine. :eek:
You may want to check for oil sweating at the breather covers, especially at the passenger side. The tend to start sweating at about 80,000 miles. You have to remove the engine cover to see the breather covers on top of the camshaft covers.
You will also notice that the miles remaining to the service may increase by about 500 miles when you add a quart of oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.