Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cylinder number 3 misfire slk 230

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jakub.baraniak 
#1 ·
so i got a CEL and my code reader says random misfire detected and cylinder number 3 misfire detected. I plug the plug and cleaned it and that didnt help. I switched coil packs and that didnt help. So now im tihnking injector? How would I go about doing this? It should be relatively simple yes? Thanks for all help! :) Cody

#2 ·
You can swap injectors, no problem, never did it on my kid's SLK, but I'm sure it similar to other cars so these are generic instructions. Find the fuel rail and disconnected from the fuel line. Remove any bolts holding the fuel rail down. Disconnect any wires in the way and pull the rail away from the injectors, may take some effort, but most are held in with friction. Disconnect the harness from the injectors you want to swap, there's usually a clip you can pry with a screwdriver. Then pull out the injectors. They sell injector pullers for this purpose, just be careful not to damage it coming out if you want to reuse them. Lube the injector seals before putting it back together and take your time, it's not that hard, certainly not harder than plugs and coil packs, just different.

Maybe someone can post more SLK 230 specific instructions, maybe you can after doing it. Checking parts at parts.com, a genuine MB injector is $133 and new seals are $2.

#7 ·
Hey masters G500

I have replaced almost every possible part suggested here and still no luck (random shakes) lately i have some copm connected and it shows bad injector cyl2 , Car is 79 000 mils , Im suspecting the engine was over heated or close to (engine oil 16 000 mile over the change time) and it looks like tar . I m thinking of takeng all injectors out and sending them to service ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.