Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

cabin filter change?

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  DJC013 
#1 ·
what a great forum! does anyone know how to change a cabin filter? I used the search function and couldn't find an answer. i just bought a charcoal cabin filter for my 2002 230. the directions that came in the box is a little blurry. something to do with unscrewing something under the glove box? thanks!

#4 ·
Do it every year, and don't forget to clean out all the crap that accumultes under and around the fan. If you don't get junk out of the fins on the fan speed regulator on the bottom of the fan, you will replace it in a few years when it quits working. Just saved you $130 US or double if you don't do it yourself.

#8 ·
Youve already got the access plate off to replace filter, feel around under fan for dust , leaves or cat hair. If you want to get serious, look at the shiny module mounted to bottom of fan. Its a complicated sealed resistor that give you the different fan speeds. Comes off with two screws, but you have to be skinny and stand on your head. Crap gets jammed in the fins on top, causing overheat and failure. Complete instructions in forum, with pics. Pretty easy after youve done it once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.