Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Interior spray paint from Germany

34K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Mr.Sweden 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I ordered some of this direct from their website VOLICO.de - von Liebenstein Consulting | Der Ansprechparter für Lederfarben | Leder- und Innenraumfarben | Lederfarbe und Innenraumfarbe für Mercedes, BMW, Audi und Porsche - Webshop. I'm in UK, It arrived very quickly and even though I'm a complete novice at respraying it was very easy to apply and does not run. I used the topcoat too as I was respraying the grab handles. The topcoat is completely invisible.
Only thing I wasn't too impressed with was the colour match is a bit out, however I have a suspicion that my interiror may have already been re painted once already so it may well be a better match on the original paint.

#6 ·
Works like a charm

To all with interior paint problems, I was looking on ebay and found this
eBay Motors: Mercedes SLK R 170 Interior paint scarlet red spraycan (item 200247959126 end time Aug-26-08 13:54:38 PDT)
I emailed them and was told they have shipped up to 3 cans to the US without problems. I ordered 3 cans 2 Quarz+Sand & 1 of the clearcoat.

I'll let you know when I recieve the paint and start repainting my SLK's interior:D
Be sure to watch the video on their site and follow it all the way. I painted the interior on may car yesterday and it looks brand new!!

#7 ·
Before and after

The paint arrived while I was out of town (about 8 days shippping time)
Yesterday I started the repaint, removed the glove box door and took the facing apart from the interior of the glove box door.
stripped the old paint, sanded, primed and repainted it.
The color is a perfect match.
Before and after pics:thumbsup:

The center console is next.

Attachments

#8 ·
The paint arrived while I was out of town (about 8 days shippping time)
Yesterday I started the repaint, removed the glove box door and took the facing apart from the interior of the glove box door.
stripped the old paint, sanded, primed and repainted it.
The color is a perfect match.
Before and after pics:thumbsup:

The center console is next.
good work mate, :thumbsup:

I also saw these interior paint advertises at ebay but couldnt decide to buy one.

what is the ebay seller name (user name or ebay shop name)

cheers

Ali

#9 ·
Looks like a top product. Anyone painted already leather, seats or something like that. I don't know if paint is the same as used in central console painting for example.

Another question is if Primer and final coat must have same colour as laquering prroduct.

#11 ·
I believe the leather can be painted with the same paint.
No primer is necessary on plastic, just the leather.
There is only one colour of leather primer which leads me to believe it doesn't have to be the same colour as the laquer.
The top coat is clear and only has to be used on areas of high use to protect them e.g door handles.

#13 ·
Yea you can paint the leather seats, just like they did on the websites video, now the question is can/will that paint stay on or just turn to shit?

I wouldn't mind a black and red seat, it would look nice to just paint the perforated center of both seats...

#14 · (Edited)
Interior paint job done

After painting the glove box, I removed the cupholders, radio, ac controls, cellphone hu, and armrest. I sanded and cleaned the upper center console then masked a few spots with painters tape and masked the rest of the interior of the car with old sheets. Stripped the paint off the armrest section of the console and cleaned it off. I used Krylon paint for plastic as a primer, gave the console 3 coats of paint waiting 15 minutes between coats then the top coat.
Put all the pieces back except for cellphone & hu, replacemented it with a cubbyhole for the cell hu, unfortunatly the cigeratte lighter cubbys screw mounts fell apart so I left it out until I figure A solution.

A few pics.. before during and after:eek::D

Thanks to all who contubute to this site:bowdown:

Attachments

#17 ·
I used a light color of Krylon fusion as a primer, and the entire project took 16 hours.
The Volico paint isnt cheap but the match is spot on
in the US we are limited to 3 cans of spray per shipment.
I used just less than 2 cans of the Volico paint plus 1/3 can of topcote.
just follow the instructional vids on Volicos site :thumbsup:

#21 ·
Thanks for the info folks. The pics sure look good! I'm going to keep this as a reserve option. In the mean time I have found a great deal on leather as we are redoing the head rests with additional foam so they are closer to your head and needed the leather for that. Got an entire cowhide (58 sq ft), in a very close color match, for just over a hundred dollars at a local upholstery supply. I'll have plenty left after the head rest project! Anyway as I see it if you want the feel of leather.....just use leather! I'll let you know how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.