Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New slk owner

11K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  Griff230 
#1 ·

2000 Mercedes Benz SLK230 w/sport-AMG body package. 65,000 miles, from Virginia. Interior need a complete overhaul (console, headliner, seats, dash), wheels are shot, and then the obvious outside damage. Should be a fun project for the next few months.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys. the interior is the most worrysome part just cause i really sone want to have to re-dye the white all over the place.

As for pulling it, there is always the risk of the top not lining back up, or the track not being very well, but i havent had too many problems with my other wrecks as far as alignment goes. 6 moth re-alignments are a necessity though :/

#8 ·
Lot of sheet metal damage, but that may be all. As long as the main monocoque of the cabin is OK all you need to do is replace front end parts, and that's not hard, it just takes time.

Best of luck to you, it looks like that poor car was never taken care of.

#18 ·
Couldnt help but to see that the front mesh like inserts for the lower front bumper area where not in. And i need the pessenger side mesh/cover.

Would you be interested in selling it?

Those pictures almost brought tears to my eyes.
Its just like my car.
Sport package and stick shift.
You have good taste.
=]

#19 ·
actually, i was just about to make a post on those inserts. an't find anywhere to buy them, and they are $350 for the set at the dealer.

I have the one side still from the old bumper, so i may try to flatten it and make a set myself at the machine shop. If they come out good, i may make a few sets and sell them.

#20 ·
Alright well keep me posted im interested.
I have also thought about pulling a mold on them and injecting them with any metal.
Alluminum first one to come to mind.
Then get them poweder coated???

Just throwing ideas out there.

#23 ·
De-greased the engine bay last night:

some paint is peeling, so this will get blasted and re-painted this winter

Started to rip out the interior for re-paint and cleaning

Headliner needs to get redone

Old driver's seat

New drivers seat (out of an SLK w/20000 miles only)

Tomorrow the rug comes out and cleaned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.