Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Kinda OT: different handbrake solutions

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  www.chrome-tec.de 
#1 ·
Hi!

Some of you may think I'm crazy or plane stupid but I'm planning on a total rebuilding of all the interior on the car (dash, center and middle console, bhind the seats and so on), and right now I'm in the middle of the planning prossess.
I have been trying different solutions for carpc and automatic windscreens for now to find the perfect way before this remodeling..

I need to see different handbrake solutions, from benz or any other cars for that matter.

Pleas point me to, or post images of cars that you think has good solutions (otther then the r170).

on the drawing board for now I'm planning to move it to the feetweeld (have no idea how that's spelled) on the driver side. Maybe a footbreak like on many others benzes?

As I said it's just on the drawing board for now so any inputs is welcome!!

Tormod

#5 ·
Bazzle said:
I understand your question but had nothing to say. As you mentioned some other models have the floor pedal handbrake. if there is one you can get the parts from I am sure it will work ok.

Bazzle
That's ok, I just needed to know that peoples understood what I meant :)
thanks!

Myzt said:
You got some pictures of your painted door handles? Did the result turn out fine?
The result on the handles is great, I just have to do something with the rubber that's between them and the door.
-I'll guess they use either clear or silver colored rubber on the 2k and up.
I have put some silver paint on it just for so long, but that's domed to be ugly overtime since it's rubber.. :rolleyes:

I'll post images later when I got the time..
:D

#7 ·
Myzt said:
good to know :). So the face lift still has the exact same door handles, only they are paninted? I thought the new ones were more round, and without the rubber. But if not, it must be possible getting a set of new rubber for the old handles :).
Well, that could verry well be that they have no rubber...
I haven't seen 1 facelift since I had them painted so can't compare..

Well.. If it's so I just have to paint the rubber from time to time..
That's no biggie ;)

#13 ·
HEY !!!...................... Where did you get my passport photo ?:D

#15 ·
silberpfeil1234 said:
I installed this:

CHROMETEC.
I have a question about it. It claims to be made out of alluminum with "chrome finish". I always thought that you can't chrome alluminum, polishing or powder coating is the only option. So what is it?

Another question. When you pull stock hand brake handle it goes into that sliding curtain a bit. How does this problem resolved with this aftermarket product?

#16 ·
hi masterdog,

our handbrake sleeve is real alluminium with real chrome finish, you can chrome alluminium. we use a special technic to finish the alluminium with chrome.

our aftermarket sleeve is fixed with 2 insert screws at the under side from the sleeve at the e brake shaft.

changing is very easy, just pull up the plastic sleeve and stick on the chromed alluminium sleeve, screw in the both screws, ready...

nice weekend

pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.