Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Originally Posted by 99 SLK 230
I followed the instructions perfectly (it's the same as in my manual), but nothing changed. Is there a step missing, here?
One thing they don't tell you is that it will not work with the door open. Most people sit in the drivers seat and leave the door open. The instructions should say to get in and shut the door. Try it again with the door shut.
Hope this helps...
1. Get in the car, sit down in the drivers seat and shut the door.
2. Turn key in steering lock to position 2.
3. Within 4 seconds press button (1) twice. (The button left of odometer)
4. The present status for days or distance is displayed. Within 10 seconds turn key in steering lock to position 0.
5. Press and hold button (1), while turning key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button (1). After approx. 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 10,000 miles.
5. Release button (1).
6. Open door and get out of the car.
I assume no liability for any incidental, consequential or other liability from the use of this information. All risks and damages, incidental or otherwise, arising from the use or misuse of the information contained herein are entirely the responsibility of the user. Although careful precaution has been taken in the preparation of this information, I assume no responsibility for omissions or errors.
Last edited by E-Klasse; 03-28-2007 at 12:17 PM.