Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

rear drain problem

52K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  DecoThom 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have read everything on the rear drain problem. Mine are clogged. Can anyone give me a picture or a good discription on where the water should come out bottom. My left drain seems to come out all over the bottom side. right drain does not come out anywhere. Any help will be appreciated.

pbiffle

#2 ·
Ive never looked from the bottom:rolleyes:

I just wiggle a length of 1/4" plastic tube down the hole with a water source att to flush out.
Reminds me better do it this weekend :eek:

I covered all my front vents in black stainless flyscreen wire. Another member on here posted pix of his rear ones done. I must do the rears too. You just seem to forget somethings until they become a prob.

Bazzle

#3 ·
They pop out at the front of the rear wheel, think they moved um on facelift.

Little plastic hose/pipe, they can end up inside the side skirt if your slk man in the factory was a doofus, happens alot

#20 ·
I know this is an old thread, but i think this may be my issue. Getting a ton of water in the side skirts and after recent heavy rains, my carpet on the drivers side is wet, as in gallons on the floor wet, i can see all 4 drains working when i pour water in, but somehow it is getting in the side skirt. I pull the 2 plugs on the drives side for the jack and do a few hard stops and water is pouring out of there, as in gallons. Cant figure out what the issue is.....:surrender: should i drill a couple of holes underneath so the water can get out? Thx

#4 ·
rear drain

2 questions

Bazzle, how did you attach a water supply to a 1/4" hose?

Second,

Papa,

on my left side the drain seems to work but the water is coming out behind the rear wheel and between the fender and a section that has a rubber plug or possibly a drain in it. Is this right. Also, what is the rubber piece that is sticking out from under the car on both sides. It hangs down about an inch and is about 1/2 inch in diameter.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help

PBiffle

#6 ·
Here how to do it

Used 1/4' plastic tune and my aircompressor.
Exits are behind side of rear bumper.
Wiggled tube down tube carefully and let air blow out debris.

Bazzle

Attachments

#7 ·
Hmmm thats odd mine pop out at the frount of the wheel !

#8 ·
thanks for the pics. I have gotten the driver side done, it drains quickly, the passenger side is draining but slowly. I used a 1/4 tube attached to a water hose. protected the trunk. I am going to use air tomorrow. I have to go to my mechanic since I don't have an air compressor. Hopefully this will clean it out totally. My drain behind the tire. Thanks for all your help. I don't know what I would have done without it

PBiffle

#11 ·
Bazzle,

Thanks for your help. used a 1/4 inch landscape tube purchased from lowes which is a large box hardware store. Originally attached a water hose to it but couldn't get enough pressure.
Went to my mechanic pushed the hose all the way to the blockage, attached an air hose to it
and it made a swoosh sound and cleared the clog. I am buying black screen to cover the drains. No charge from my mechanic. I cleaned the pse pump, following bazzles directions.
I figure I he has saved me in the thousand dollar range already.

thanks

Pbiffle

My whole family really enjoys this car and my 16 year old son evens enjoys working on it as much as playing video games

#14 ·
pbiffle said:
Bazzle,
and it made a swoosh sound and cleared the clog. I am buying black screen to cover the drains.
Show us photos after you install the black screens. I saw another post on this topic, but they used silver screen and just stuffed a whole wide section of it down in the drain gutter. I'd prefer a cleaner look (less material) if possible. I'm going to keep my drains extra clear now after dishing out 2200 USD for a PSE pump and seal fix this week. :crybaby2:

#15 ·
reminded me to clean my own, tried poking the rubber drain grommet at bottom of rear quarter and it disintegrated. poked my finger in and felt loose metal, had to make a small slice and opened the hole, inside was a rusty pair of pliers and a brand new looking grommet, dont ask how they got there cause ill never know. probably a german assembly worker out there bitching about having to buy new pliers! bent metal back installed new gommet and finished with sealant, good as new, actually better.

#16 ·
ganndallff said:
reminded me to clean my own, tried poking the rubber drain grommet at bottom of rear quarter and it disintegrated. poked my finger in and felt loose metal, had to make a small slice and opened the hole, inside was a rusty pair of pliers and a brand new looking grommet, dont ask how they got there cause ill never know. probably a german assembly worker out there bitching about having to buy new pliers! bent metal back installed new gommet and finished with sealant, good as new, actually better.
Do the pliers still work??

That grommet is just for the boot inside on mine. 3 off, left, right and one under spare wheel.
The drain for boot channel exits behind bumper cover.

Bazzle

#22 ·
You should probably disconnect the negative battery terminal before you disconnect wiring under the seat. Otherwise, you might get a trouble code.

Can you post a picture of the plug please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.