Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fault codes

12K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Australian 
#1 ·
I ran a diag with my carsoft 7.4 today after it started running a bit slow and played around opening the bypass too early (slk 230)
Codes I got were

ME
P0803 1-4 upshift solenoid. (engine had done that MB thing earlier today
where you put your foot down and revs rise up high without a good amount of go!)

P1570 Intermittant no start . I didnt put key in sequence correctly testerday.

Cleared both these codes :) (hopefully OK)

One more code was found B1706

FFZ/FBS (FFS) No idea what that is :(

Used kit to clear. Said OK but rescan showed code still there :confused:

Any one know what this code means??

Bazzle

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
B1706 Activation of relay K54 lock confirmation or combi. Relay module N10/2. Have you been playing with the instrument cluster?

#6 ·
I think that is a 'roof' code and most likely the sensors in the front end of the roof to detect whether the roof is locked in position.
Those 2 sensors get troublesome since the silicon boot covering the plunger hardens over time and prevents the plunger from operating properly. The official MB fix is to remove the silicon boot.
If you look in the stickies, there are some diagrams indicating all the roof operation sensors.

#7 ·
I found these sites and explanations:

OBD2-OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code B1706 - Seat Driver Recline Rearward Switch Circuit Open | Engine-Codes.com
B1706 - Seat Driver Recline Rearward Switch Circuit Open

Mercedes-Benz B1706 OBD/DLC Error Code -
No Generic Data, Manufacturer Data or Related Manufacturer data has been found for Mercedes-Benz the results below are from other Manufacturers which should not be taken as the real meaning of the error but a guide to aid you
Ford OBD Error Code Details for B1706
Seat driver recline rearward switch circuit open
Sorry no other information is available at present

This is from a Mitsubishi site:
http://www.evoscan.com/technical-vehicle-manuals/63-obdii-diagnostic-trouble-codes?format=pdf
B1706 Flasher fuse blown

#8 ·
I found these sites and explanations:

OBD2-OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code B1706 - Seat Driver Recline Rearward Switch Circuit Open | Engine-Codes.com
B1706 - Seat Driver Recline Rearward Switch Circuit Open
This is from a Mitsubishi site:
http://www.evoscan.com/technical-vehicle-manuals/63-obdii-diagnostic-trouble-codes?format=pdf
B1706 Flasher fuse blown
Unfortunately one cannot use the codes from other manufacturers for B codes. Unlike P codes which are standardized (for pollution reasons), B codes are up to each manufacturer to assign their own meaning as you can see from your own search.
I think FFZ/FBS refers to the roof operation in MB terminology.

#10 ·
B54 relay?

I agree it's something to do with the B54 relay. I have found one description: “B1706 Activation of locking confirmation relay module (K54) or combination relay module or turn signal system, short to B+ or Ground”. I’m puzzled by your comment, Eric, when you say I don’t have a K54 relay. There is very little information on this code and most code lists don’t even include it – I’ve also spent a fair few hours Googling it. A rarety. The FBS is the Drive Authorization Signal Control Unit. That’s what’s giving this code.

#11 · (Edited)
I agree it's something to do with the B54 relay. I have found one description: “B1706 Activation of locking confirmation relay module (K54) or combination relay module or turn signal system, short to B+ or Ground”. I’m puzzled by your comment, Eric, when you say I don’t have a K54 relay. There is very little information on this code and most code lists don’t even include it – I’ve also spent a fair few hours Googling it. A rarety. The FBS is the Drive Authorization Signal Control Unit. That’s what’s giving this code.
I did a search in WIS and could not locate a K54 relay even using the wiring diagram, I wonder if I have the wrong year? If you PM me the vin I can look again as the vin will locate the actual car in WIS as opposed to the generic model.

#14 ·
A couple more attachment showing pin allocation and wiring colour codes between relay and module.

Attachments

#15 ·
I forgot to add

The wiring colour code table from german to english;

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
It is a "fault" code even though they work there is a short to ground or B+ on the wiring hence the code. But I would not worry about it, the time and money it would cost to pull things apart and find the fault and expense it would bring does not justify a fix.

It is only confirmation of an act that has taken place and therefore does not affect the drive authorization system DAS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.