Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Is there a code to make the car "Chirp" when locking or unlocking the car?

7K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  Ridingdirty230 
#1 ·
Hello,

Is there a code to make the car "Chirp" when I lock or unlock the car. I asked the "Service Advisor" (haha) at the MB dealership and he said no. I'm not sure that I believe him.

Any of you "Guru's" (Bazzle) out there know for sure that the "Service Advisor" is correct? Thanks in advance.

Brian

#2 ·
Ask your "Service Adviser" if he has ever heard of the "Netherlands Mode", it's in the computer of every SLK since the six cylinder was put in the car. The beep or chirp is volume adjustable as well, mine is set mid range.

#3 ·
Yes there is....But my dealership in Tampa would not change it here in the US.

#4 ·
tungster said:
Yes there is....But my dealership in Tampa would not change it here in the US.
Go to a different dealership...

#7 ·
Noise is Very Annoying to others

I find it incrediblly annoying when cars around me "honk" or make some kind of noise when the owner locks or unlocks. Its noise polluiton!! Why do you want to bother other people in the parking lot???

Mercedes does it right with the visual flashing...you can also hear the locks go into place if you are close by the car.

JMHO,
Pat

#9 ·
Corey said:
Interesting. Is this something we can change ourselves? Would be a nice feature to have...
The 1999's don't have that feature...............:eek:

#14 ·
My dealership in Hartford changed mine without me even asking on a visit. I like it. When I get out of the car and press the lock button, I get this sweet little chirp, it doesn't make much noise at all, in fact, its so quiet if your not really listening for it, you can miss it. My fog lights go on, my blinkers all flash three times. The fogs and marker lights stay on for 15 seconds after.

#16 ·
ByByeAmericanPie said:
Yes they do....mine is a 99 and I had my Dealer set the Netherlands option to on.
Interesting, I thought that the option only came when they built the V-6 models. I stand corrected...:)

#18 ·
BENZ ADVISOR said:
The only way possible to make it chirp is to progam the SAM to do so. it also has to be an 05 or later model.
Not true. Mine is a 99 and it works on mine. In case anyone is wondering, here is the programming sequence:

SEL ATA - Anti Theft Alarm System
SEL (5) - Version Coding
SEL (4) - Acoustic Alarm Notification Via
SEL (1) - Alarm Siren
SEL (2) - Netherlands (Acoustic Lock Confirm)
SEL (6) - Stage 6 or your loudness preference

#20 ·
ByByeAmericanPie said:
Not true. Mine is a 99 and it works on mine. In case anyone is wondering, here is the programming sequence:

SEL ATA - Anti Theft Alarm System
SEL (5) - Version Coding
SEL (4) - Acoustic Alarm Notification Via
SEL (1) - Alarm Siren
SEL (2) - Netherlands (Acoustic Lock Confirm)
SEL (6) - Stage 6 or your loudness preference
Would this work on the e430's as well ? and is this something the dealer will have to do or can this be done ourselves ?
thnx.

#21 ·
Great information ByByeAmericanPie.. Now to find out how much my dealer would charge me for this.. It is hard to talk to my local dealer service advisor though as they always seem so busy.. I have been to the Sacramento one and the Stockton one and it seems to be the same at both places.

Perhaps I also sound cheap and annoying asking them questions :)

#22 ·
I have a 2003 AMG SLK32. I had it done also. It works fine and I don't notice any other thing not working correctly. The only thing is that the beep sounds like the same noise as a highlow or tractor backing up.

The main reason that I had the sound enabled was that in bright daylight it's hard sometimes to see the lights flash to know that it really was really locked.

#24 ·
SpitzeStrom_Terp said:
On my '01 SLK 320 I have the fog lights, 15 seconds of illumination, and 3 blinks, but no chirp. Does this mean the volume is just set to "0"? I want the chirp!
You have the standard set up. The lights come on as you indicate anytime you use them, they should NOT come on if the lights were not used.
See a dealer to set the computer to the Netherlands Option, once in the optin the volume can be set to 10 different volume levels........... :)

#25 ·
Just asked at my local dealer and wants $70 :eek:

#26 ·
papa said:
Just asked at my local dealer and wants $70 :eek:
That seems like an awful lot of money for a 10 minute job, that doesn't even get your hands dirty ! .....:eek: :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.