Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2002 SLK320 with K4 package and auto trans....$$$

698 views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  BillR 
G
#1 ·
I'm buying a SLK320 in the next 2 weeks, any good dealers in So Cal? How much to expect to pay over invoice or below MSRP? Need help. Can't wait to get the car.<br>
Thanks in advance<br>
Frank

G
#5 ·
SLK 230 with K4

I paid $41k for my SLK 230 with K4 brand new, 4% less than MSRP, I suppose SLK 320 could be about 5 to 8k more. I have no doubt dealers can let the price come down at least 4% from MSRP with no haggles.<br> <br> Good luck!

G
#6 ·
I just bought that!

I just signed yesterday for an SLK320 + AT + K4 + CD. I am paying $550 over invoice, $2430 under MSRP. I bought it through a local car broker here in the SF Bay Area, and the car is being trucked in from Los Angeles (should be here Wed). Of the $550, $250 goes to the trucker, $300 goes to the broker, and $0 goes to the dealer (who I assume is doing this to pump up volume numbers).<br> <br> For my zipcode, www.carsdirect.com (not how I got mine) shows an estimated price of $700 over invoice, so this is definitely repeatable. Note that this does vary by car model. In general, I encourage you to check out the car broker path. Dealership sales people are incentivized to sell at a high price. The dealership people the brokers work with (the fleet people?) are incentivized to move the cars off the lot. You need to know exactly what you want before going to the broker, but then it is a very simple no-pressure paperwork exercise, and typically saves a lot of money. The one downside is you don't get to see the actual physical car you are buying until after the sale -- but the same is true if you special order or if your dealer brings it in from another dealer.<br>

G
#8 ·
If you are in Orange County & close to Irvine or Newport

Beach I would reccommed FLetcher Jones. When I bought mine last year, they dealt as much as anyone. For whatever you save thru a car broker, you will more than make up thru their service. If you fly at all, their airport service is unsurpassed(free car storage, shuttle to & from and wash). Dealers markup is 7% off MSRP and a 3% at year end. You should be able to do well this late in the model year and do it at the end of the month. If you go there, see Gunny Bishop..a nice straight shooting guy who makes it a pleasure. Remember, you will forget in a few months how much below MSRP you paid, but you will be glad you dealt with quality dealer everytime you go back.<br> <br> Tom

G
#9 ·
You hit it on the head!

Tom is right on point! I too purchased a 2002 SLK320 and got $2,600 off list with the K-4, CD, and automatic. The deal was very uneventful with the salesman working it the entire time without the tag-team.<br> <br> That was 8-months and 13,600 miles ago and the way that the dealer has been to deal with has made the decision more correct and the dollars I paid, or 'saved' less important. <br> <br> This is my 5th benz and best experience...<br> <br> I bought it at Herb Gordon's MB, Maryland.<br> <br> cheers

G
#10 ·
I'm buying a SLK320 in the next 2 weeks

I bought mine in Escondido and got an excellent deal for exactly the same car. Mine is an 01, purchased last October. I got it out the door for a little less than 50K including tax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.