Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Make sure your Air Flow sensors are clean...

680 views 5 replies 0 participants last post by  MadManMikeAMG 
G
#1 ·
About a week ago, my world was crashing around me, the Dealership hit me with a $900 repair bill and said that I would need another $1700 to replace the M.E. computer.<br>
If you recall from my previous post, I was having performance problems when he engine got above 3200 RPM. It was hesitating and surging.. Weird stuff..<br>
Anyhow, I took apart the intake from the butterfly valve to the Airflow sensor. <br>
I cleaned the sensor with carb cleaner, put it all back together, and now all is good. <br>
On a side note, one of the zip-ties might have been caught between the aluminum 'tube' and the AirSensor, alowing for some pressure leakage. <br>
<br>
well, I hope I only confused a few and helped a lot with this little story...<br>

G
#5 ·
Yep, it appears so...

But when I asked for the 'broken' parts, they told me 'sorry , already threw them out'. <br> They replaced the SuperCharger clutch and some sort of switch that works in conjunction with the S.C. $900 dollars later, still broken...<br> I wanna call up the dealership and tell them whats up( and maybe get some money back) but I am unsure how to proceed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.