Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OFFICIAL R170 Picture Thread... post your R170 pictures HERE!

570K views 804 replies 322 participants last post by  Kerneluk 
#1 ·
Ok guys..... post the best pics of your R170(s) and specs please!!

[:D]

2001 SLK320 automatic...

- "SL" antenna
- "Color-matched bumper reflectors"
- 8000K HID low beam
- 8000K HID fog light
- K&N Filters
- Zimmerman brake rotors
- Pagid / Textar pads
- Hankook "ZR" rated rubber
- ALL motul Fluids......

TOO MANY FUTURE MODS TO LIST FOR THE 2006..[}:)]

See less See more
#52 ·
Hi,

my little 32 AMG:
- summer: Rial Nogaro (8x18 and 9x18)
with Conti Sport Contact 2 (225/40R18 and 255/35R18)
- winter: AMG standard (7,5x17 and 8,5x17)
with Dunlop Winter M3 (225/45R17 und 245/50R17)
- AMG Nuerburgring chassis (pic with org. chassis)
- roof modul DSM170p
- chrom frames
- CLK grill
- supersprint exhaust system
- plexi wind shield
- alpine monitor plus navi and HDD movie/mp3 player

plans for next year:
- 340mm (~13,4 inch) steering wheel
- Recaro sport seats

mike

#53 ·
Hallo Mike,

Nice to some members from the mbslk.de forum.
Well here's one picture of my slk. Observe the picture is old and the slk is not finished on the picture. The black part on the bumper is of course now painted and I also have the JMS front lip on.

Best regards
Rob

- Lorinser rollbars
- Lorinser LM6 wheels 19"
- H&R Springs
- H&R spacers
- KN filter
- Supersprint system 145x90x1
- Stainless steel suction pipe from intercooler
- JMS front lip
- Face lift model side skirts

Attachments

#54 ·

#55 ·
Robban - 12/18/2005 9:42 AM

Hallo Mike,

Nice to some members from the mbslk.de forum.
Well here's one picture of my slk. Observe the picture is old and the slk is not finished on the picture. The black part on the bumper is of course now painted and I also have the JMS front lip on.

Best regards
Rob
wow rob, REALLY nice. Are your wheels staggerd? BTW, whenever you can post pictures of the car with the new additions.!

#57 ·
Freddylaw - 12/20/2005 10:44 PM

Tungster,

Did you install those doors yourself?
Tough job?
I think they look amazing.

Amgstyle,

Gorgeous car. Would love to hear more details about your mods. All done by yourself?
Did you find the screen messed up the looks of the dash?

Fred
Freddylaw,

Thanx for the compliments.

No I didn't do them myself...I had them done at my shop here in Tampa, FL.

#58 ·
Freddylaw - 12/20/2005 10:44 PM

Amgstyle,

Gorgeous car. Would love to hear more details about your mods. All done by yourself?
Did you find the screen messed up the looks of the dash?

Fred
thanks. which mod were you talkin about ? all the perfomance mods were bought from evo*sport, and installed at a shop. all the apperance mods were bought on the web and installed myself. the dvd player i installed myself. i think the dash looks better with the screen up.

#64 ·
You all have some really wonderful cars. I cannot compete as I spend my money on the engine but damm you all inspire me. Unreal how good these cars look compared to stock!!!!!!!! I have much work to do!!!!!!!!!!! You all should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

Attachments

#68 ·
jaja, funny how my old thread came back to reality, with my old user name :)

Robban, your car looks AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! Now get going with the power-mods!!

Steve, we DEFF. need to work on your car's looks and suspension..... you have no idea how much these cars change (look and FEEL) when you throw in a sporty setup like mine...but congrats for a VERY clean ride.

slk320amg, I wish I could go back and have started out with something like ur car..

#69 ·
Hallo OJ,

Thanks for the compliment, very nice of you :)

I'm a bit into the zimmermann drilled rotors, can you tell me how they are for you. I heard posetiv and negative things about them.
I would like to try the EBC green stuff but maybe this is not a good alternative whit the zimmermann rotors.
Would like to have movit brakes, but well they are very expensive and then my Ducati dreams are over.......

Many thanks in advance

Best regards
Rob

#70 ·
Robban, if your not heavily tracking the car, big brake kits are just for looks...... making the best out of your stock brake system will make a HUGE difference.

The setup I am currently running right now has me EXTREMELY happy and the only reason I want BBK is for the looks....

Zimmermann drilled front AND rear
HAWK "HPS" front brake pads (will not sqeak, they will actually improve braking and have lower dust than OEM).
Rear stock pads works fine for me
Stainless brake line in conjuction with some quality brake fluid will also make a ton of difference in the brake pedal feel...

after that, spend some time cleaning and panting your calipers in either a silver, black, red....etc. to bring them out and looks cleaner.

Ive already put about 10K miles into my rotors and im running im my front second pair of pads (first were PAGID, put about 3-4K miles into them and stopped liking them, they started to make noise)...

My entire setup cost me approx. $650 usd. including labor and even the paint for the calipers (silver)... not to mention that my OEM brakes were KILLED, so I needed this badly.

#71 ·
OJwerks said:
jaja, funny how my old thread came back to reality, with my old user name :)

Robban, your car looks AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! Now get going with the power-mods!!

Steve, we DEFF. need to work on your car's looks and suspension..... you have no idea how much these cars change (look and FEEL) when you throw in a sporty setup like mine...but congrats for a VERY clean ride.

slk320amg, I wish I could go back and have started out with something like ur car..

OJ,

You are so right about my car. It needs major suspension and driveability ugrades. Like you mentioned I have read post before about how much nice the car looks but more importantly for me, how it drives. So I am in the process of this latest round of mods and then soon it will be lowered and right sized tires for it look like it is capable of looking!

#72 ·
steve, in the looks department perhaps its my turn to offer some suggestions...

1. remove the chrome wheels
2. remove the chrome door handles
3. remove the chrome boot lid..

haha...

can't wait to see your ride's exterior when you're done with it...

18's and a kit would be awesome I'm sure...

I'll post some pix of mine on here soon.

#73 ·
GP,

I already took off the door handle chrome shells and the trunk chrome. I agree. I want my car to look aggressive and most of the chrome has to go. I am not sure what look I was going for but my 24 year old son set me straight. I will update newer photos next time.