Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OFFICIAL R170 Picture Thread... post your R170 pictures HERE!

570K views 804 replies 322 participants last post by  Kerneluk 
#1 ·
Ok guys..... post the best pics of your R170(s) and specs please!!

[:D]

2001 SLK320 automatic...

- "SL" antenna
- "Color-matched bumper reflectors"
- 8000K HID low beam
- 8000K HID fog light
- K&N Filters
- Zimmerman brake rotors
- Pagid / Textar pads
- Hankook "ZR" rated rubber
- ALL motul Fluids......

TOO MANY FUTURE MODS TO LIST FOR THE 2006..[}:)]

See less See more
#27 ·
chr0n1c - 12/1/2005 8:42 PM

Beautiful wheels amgstyle.

12.53 @ the 1/4 is impressive to me,What was your trap speed? I was told the AMG's only pull ~13.5 stock with a decent driver. I have not taken my 32 to a strip yet.

Anyhoo what mods have you done? or is it all stock?

Thanks[:)]
The SLK32 can do much better than 13.5 stock without any problem.

#31 ·
560se - 12/1/2005 10:58 PM

amgstyle, hands down one of the best SLKs on the benzworld.....
I agree!!! Say what front bumper is that, and what model is your DVD? Just sold my Garmin, so I'm looking [:p] Also, lowering kit?

#32 ·
430 - 12/1/2005 9:29 PM

12.53 @ the 1/4 is impressive to me,What was your trap speed? I was told the AMG's only pull ~13.5 stock with a decent driver. I have not taken my 32 to a strip yet.

The stock numbers for the SLK32 are 13 secs flat for the 1/4 mile.

amgstyle and my car are the same year (2002). I've run a 12.9 with it being 85 - 90 degrees outside and on stock street tires and I'm pulley'd/ecu'd.

Maybe I just got a slow 32 but my shop guys says that now its cooler outside and with drag slicks/drag radials I should easily be around 12.5 - 12.2 range and thats my goal...actually my goal is to get an 11.99 run and then I'll be happy.

I also told my shop that I'm ready to have the LSD rear done. It will be a one of a kind since you can't get that mod that I know of and it will be done by Kleemann as they agreed to make one for me.
I will be without my car for a while but I know in the end it will be all worth it!!!

Also my roll bars came in this week (Chrome) and we got em powder coated black like my wheels. I stopped by the shop yesterday and set them right behind the stock bars and let me tell you........they look beautiful and adds a nice spice of color to the interior.

Can't wait to get them put on....hopefully soon!!!

#552 ·

amgstyle and my car are the same year (2002). I've run a 12.9 with it being 85 - 90 degrees outside and on stock street tires and I'm pulley'd/ecu'd.

Maybe I just got a slow 32 but my shop guys says that now its cooler outside and with drag slicks/drag radials I should easily be around 12.5 - 12.2 range and thats my goal...actually my goal is to get an 11.99 run and then I'll be happy.

I also told my shop that I'm ready to have the LSD rear done. It will be a one of a kind since you can't get that mod that I know of and it will be done by Kleemann as they agreed to make one for me.
I will be without my car for a while but I know in the end it will be all worth it!!!

Also my roll bars came in this week (Chrome) and we got em powder coated black like my wheels. I stopped by the shop yesterday and set them right behind the stock bars and let me tell you........they look beautiful and adds a nice spice of color to the interior.

Pardon the newbie who has a problem interpreting your post. You state that a stock SLK 32 AMG should run 13.0 and that you have only run 12.9 even tho you show a list including camshaft, altered exhaust and ECU mod. I must be missing some part or other. Please explain.
Thanks

#33 ·
chr0n1c - 12/1/2005 10:37 PM

Thx 430, thats great news. Now to just see what I can do (when ever that will be).

Tungster: beautiful 32!
Thank you....much appreciated!!

#34 ·
560se - 12/1/2005 11:58 PM

amgstyle, hands down one of the best SLKs on the benzworld.....

I totally agree.......but TXmudman's interior is bad ass!!!!!

#35 ·
tungster - 12/2/2005 12:14 AM

430 - 12/1/2005 9:29 PM

Wow! Thank you for the awesome info. I didn't know I ended up with a car that can be that fast.[:0] I was always thinking they did 13.5's at the best lol. Once I get more accustomed to the car I will do the pulley and ECU mod. This is the fastest car I have owned thus far. :-x Those chrome roll bars will be very very nice.

#36 ·
thanks for all the comments guys.

02 32amg with evo pulleys, evo ecu, green filters, h&r cup kit, brabus front bumper, brvc, panasonic dvd player, reiger eyelids, clk grill, 18x8 & 18x9.5 iforged rims

tungster - i ran 12.9 @ 108 mph stock. that was the fastest stock i ran. and my fastest on 10/28/05 i ran 12.53 @ 109.32 mph with toyo t1-r tires. 60ft. was 1.86. hopefully i'll get drag radials soon. i don't have a clip of the 12.53 run but i have a old clip that i ran last year and got a 12.6. yeah my goal is to hit 11's as well.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE0NDY5OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

#37 ·
SLK230K Sport (SP1)

ASA ST4 Wheels (Silver)
>18" x 8" (f)
>18" x 9" (r)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero (Summer) Tires
>225/40/18 (f)
>265/35/18 (r)

H&R Sport Suspension
>1.5" drop (f)
>1.4" drop (r)

Bilstein Sport Shocks

Remus Exhaust
>Resonator delete

European License Plate Bracket (front bumper mount)
>"stuttgart.mercedes-benz.de Ihre Niederlassung" German license plate frame w/ German plate

#40 ·
krk230 - 12/2/2005 4:31 AM

SLK230K Sport (SP1)

ASA ST4 Wheels (Silver)
>18" x 8" (f)
>18" x 9" (r)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero (Summer) Tires
>225/40/18 (f)
>265/35/18 (r)

H&R Sport Suspension
>1.5" drop (f)
>1.4" drop (r)

Bilstein Sport Shocks

Remus Exhaust
>Resonator delete

European License Plate Bracket (front bumper mount)
>"stuttgart.mercedes-benz.de Ihre Niederlassung" German license plate frame w/ German plate

dude, that poic is [8D].... ive send it to all my friends[:p] ......nice classy sporty look, now get that front organge bumper reflector color matched and an "SL" color matched antenna (like mine)... youl be pimpin.[:D]