Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Which Color Blue

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  samhmbz 
#1 ·
I thought our car was Sapphire Blue since it had code 372 on the drivers door label. Ordered that code from paintscratch.com and the car color is much darker than what came. From online swatches it looks more like code 339 Royal Indigo to me. Assuming I can successfully post the picture, what color would you say this is? Does anyone have a 2002 sales brochure that lists available colors? If the car has been repainted I can't find any evidence of the former color. Good news is paintscratch.com seems geared toward customer satisfaction and will get it right if one works with them.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Must be Bahama Blue

There were only two colors of blue offered. Bahama Blue (352) and Sapphire Blue (372). The Sapphire is the lighter color.

It's hard to say from the pic you posted. Looks darker than Bahama, but maybe it's Bahama Blue on a dreary fall day with poor color reproduction. The color varies alot in that pic. The front bumper and the driver's mirror are more like the true color of Bahama.

Royal Indigo was never offered on the SLK.

#8 ·
Just for clarification, Bahama Blue is color number 352, NOT 372. I think I have seen other pics of this color and it is not saphire either. The car in the original pic is much darker than I have ever seen my Bahama look except at night [;)] . I do not have any info at my fingertips on all the color options for 2002 so I can't be of much more help. Color 339 was not offered on a lot of model years ... may have only been 2002. This may be your best bet (guess).

#10 ·
I personally like the one on the left.

Its something different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.