Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Offset ET38 ??

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rbridges 
#1 ·
Hey,

I found some wheels, they are LM-5 replicas. 18"x8.5" on all 4 wheels. I am thinking of buying them. The problem is that they are ET-38 for the offset, and I think someone was saying that OE was 37 and that 37 was the max. Will the 38 offset fit ?

Thanks for helping.

#3 ·
They might work. That's only 1mm off from the factory front wheel offset of 37mm. if you stick with the 225 tire, it might work. The problem is that some 225 tires are slightly wider than others and an extra mm could be the difference between rubbing and not.

#4 ·
Well, I'm not going to take a chance and get the wrong wheels. Does anyone know where to find LM5 replicas with the right offset ? If so I will be very grateful! If not, how about something similar, doesn't have to be exactly 5 spokes .

When I get the new wheels and tires I will post pics.

#5 ·
http://www..com/mb_results.asp?model=R170&class=SLK-Class&category=Wheels

add f o r m y m e r c e d e s without the spaces between www. and .com

the address probably won't show, so I'll send it to you IM, also. I bought my Brabus replicas from there. Jerry was very helpful.

#6 ·
DeathCannon - 7/28/2005 9:17 AM

Well, I'm not going to take a chance and get the wrong wheels. Does anyone know where to find LM5 replicas with the right offset ? If so I will be very grateful! If not, how about something similar, doesn't have to be exactly 5 spokes .

When I get the new wheels and tires I will post pics.
Hallo,

ET 37 is standard on the Mercedes rims on the front wheels. ET38 must be okay, or purchase a 3mm spacers to achive ET 35 on front wheels. Drive myself ET 35 on a 8,5"x19" rim.
ET 30 is standard on the back wheels. Put a spacer (H&R) 15 on each wheel to achive ET23 will fit great on your SLK. (The spacer system is original on my Lorinser LM-6 rims.)
Put 225/40 tires front wheels
Put 225/40 or 245/35 or 255/35 on the bach wheels.

Best regards
Rob

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.