Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I need your advices guys.........................

954 views 12 replies 0 participants last post by  Linh 
G
#1 ·
<br> This guys from the Bay Area want to buy my wheels for $1600 and we splits the shipping charges but i want me to send him the wheel first to him before he'll pay me. I know that's not how business work! You pay before you get the product. So should i do the way he want.<br> <br> Anybody know the weight of an 18x9 with 245-40 series tires is??? I'm gonna go to UPS tomorrow and have to take off the rear wheel for them to weight it tomorrow. Thanks.

G
#2 ·
OK...

Send him one (1). If he still wants them, have him send 1600, and then ship the other 3. He can't do much with one, but he'll see the condition & how they will look on the car.<br> <br> Just a thought.

G
#4 ·
Just like an EBay transaction ....

... he pays, you send. If he wants to have a few ppl you've sold stuff to vouch for you Linh, you can have him email me. Send him pics, info, whatever, but don't send the wheels until you get payment, not even one.<br> <br> You could try an esgrow account. He sends the money to a third party, you send him the wheels. When he receives and inspects them, the third party sends you the money. If he doesn't like them, he sends them back, and the third party doesn't return the money until you have the wheels back safely.<br> <br> I don't know how much the service costs. Sounds like a hassle to me. I would just find a few ppl willing to vouch for you, and if that's not good enough, consider finding another buyer.

G
#5 ·
I've used an i-escrow service before and it was good

<br> I used one before called i-escrow.com, but it doesn't seem to be around anymore.<br> <br> There is escrow.com -- not idea what they're like.

G
#6 ·
Don't send anything until he sends you the $$$ in Bank Check or Money Order - If he sends (more)

a personal check, don't send anything until the check clears your bank and the $$$ is 'really' in your account. On an eye-opening note, My daughter's boyfriend 'J' sold a 94 300ZX a few months ago and the buyer paid in money orders which were then deposited in J's bank account and he started spending the $$$ on stuff. Lo and behold, the money orders turned out to be stolen and the $$$ was taken back out of his account by his bank. It seems either an escrow service or a Bank Check is the safest way to go for long-distance $$$ transactions. Sad to say that there are so many dishonest people out there looking to rip you off and the Internet is a convenient place for them to operate.

G
#7 ·
Cashier's check or...

I agree with PJozefiak. It's also the same way I sell my car. Show up with a cashier's check, and you get the car. If it works for a gazillion people on e-bay and when you sell your car, I don't know why you'd do any less for your wheels!

G
#8 ·
Remember both parties can get screwed...

The other guy may be worried that you'll send him the money and he'll never see the wheels.<br> <br> If either of you feel uneasy, use a 3rd party escrow service. I believe Paypal does this.

G
#10 ·
Thanks for the advices guys. I has do business with PJozefiak, Ernee, Wayne and James...............

<br> of them, i sent them the parts before recieves the money but times i had a funny feeling. Btw, my Calsson 18x9 with 245-40 tires weight in at 56 lbs.

G
#12 ·
Linh, I know you don't know me, but I can help......

I am not a frequent poster here and it was a co-worker that got me hooked on this forum. I have read the threads of you helping forum participants in lowering their cars, and a good deed should be rewarded.<br> <br> If you want to send the wheels to me, I will collect the cash from that guy and send you the money.<br> <br> I know that you don't know me, but if we have to trust someone, it is better to trust a fellow SLK owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.