Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pulled an all-time AW-SHEET today...

954 views 15 replies 0 participants last post by  rage2 (Calgary) 
G
#1 ·
Parked in my office garage today and could not, for the life of me, get my key out of the ignition. I pulled, jerked, coaxed, you name it and the damb key wouldnt come out. We're talking about 10 minutes... I call MB Roadside Assistance and get thru all the waits and ques and finally talk to the man that can help...<br> <br> He asks my name, address, blah blah and I tell him the problem. He says, in a rather curt tone, 'push the brake pedal to the floor and push your shifter to park.' I look down and, crap, it was in Drive. Before I could say a word I heard 'click'. <br> <br> I know this guy is thinking what a moron.

G
#3 ·
I think you topped my story...

Some of the long-time regulars remember that I took my former '99 SLK230 in for service because it was beeping. I kept hearing one faint beep exactly every 2 minutes 8 seconds. I could never trace it because the beeps were so faint and so far apart. It turns out a coworker dropped his pager and it got stuck under the seat. Apparently it beeps at regular intervals to let you know you have unanswered pages or something. The tech that found it must have laughed his ass off.<br>

G
#4 ·
I think I can top that.... :(

I was in a hurry to take some pics after I mounted my new wheels and wanted to get a few shots with the top down.<br> <br> ...unfortunately, I had 'not noticed' I left my ice scraper on the hard part of the shelf, just forward of the pull shade. I am thankful my friend did not snap a pic of the expression on my face as I heard the 'POP' sound.<br> <br> Well, the pic speaks for itself:

G
#14 ·
Similar story happened to my wife ...

... called me once at work, she was panicking that she couldn't put the car into 'drive', and<br> she was running out of time to pick the kids up. I asked her if she stepped on the brakes, and she went 'Doh!'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.