Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Paint/Interior questions re: '03 SLK 32AMG

4K views 27 replies 0 participants last post by  RickH 
G
#1 ·
Ready to order. Have 320 SLK in Silver/Charcoal.<br>
Leaning toward Obsidian Black and believe it is slightly easier to keep clean than regular black. (I know my 'Black Pearl' MB a few years ago wasn't bad in this regard.)I'm just 'silvered out'.<br>
As for the interior,my dealer--very upfront and honest--says that the black/Alpaca interior does not hold up well over time. Says Alpaca trim shows wear quickly. He says black is best. Red/Black, no problem, but small interior space of SLK can lead to 'red fatigue' over time.<br>
While color choices are a matter of taste, I'd like to get comments about how different combos hold up over time and just how difficult the Obsidian finish is to keep clean. I am not obsessive about detailing my car. Any Obsidian owners here?<br>

G
#28 ·
Responce to non-performance...

I left an E-Mail at AMG.... no reply...<br> <br> To be fair, I thought I'd drive the car another month (fustrating) then take it in again to see if it gets worse, so I'll take it in in a week or so. At that time it will be the second time.... third time gets me in the lemon law status in Minnesota which is a full refund, so I'll come from a position of strength if needed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.