Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I just got new SL style grill from DJH..... But..

1K views 10 replies 0 participants last post by  EddieTham 
G
#1 ·
Has anyone got it yet??<br> Because I just installed it, but It seems like it doesn't fit.... But somehow it is been installed. Every screw is in.. <br> But it is not balanced... Left side and right side is kind a different.. I wonder if this item is defected one..?? or is it usually like that?<br> I looks very very good.. but after the installation I closed the hood.. Guess what.. I have a little space between the hood and the grill on left side.. but on right side there is no space... It defenately need some space there..<br> When I just pull down the hood( Not closed..) right side of the hood touches the grill.. So now I got a mark on the grill it is kindly bended(a little...) So I put the some kind of the tape that they gave me...<br> Anyone who got the grill has same problem?<br> I took the pictures but don't know how to post it, since galary is out of the service..<br> Thanks..

G
#3 ·
I have the same grill and...

I have run into the same problem while installing it. The left side actually touches the hood and the right side has space. I just held the grill in place while pushing forward on the grill then screwed the grill into place. I have to drop the hood from about a foot up to close the hood, but it will close. Remember the grill is fiberglass so it could possibly break but I received mine with the stainless steel slats installed and that does give it some strength. So far I have had no problems except for the star coming off alittle on the top edge. I just reglued it on with emblem adhesive.<br>

G
#4 ·
I heard those issues from German customers, too

Interestingly, Daniel Hauler (DJH owner) himself published a statement saying that this particular problem had occurred with the first samples, and correction thereof delayed delivery. Seems, they still haven't done it right. I also saw some close-up pics of the stainless steel-plated version, and fitment seemed to be rather uneven.<br> I was interested at first but I'll keep my chromed OEM grill, for now.

G
#8 ·
My situation is confusing

As some of you know my grille arrived damaged. Since I did not sign for the grille I filled out a claim form for Airborne Exprees, but I think they will only pay me $100.00 if they pay anything. I have not had a response from Airborne Express at this point. <br> <br> (DJH)Daniel Hauler and I have exchanged e-mails. The language barrier is a big problem. At first I think he wanted me to send the damaged grille back in exchange for a new one. I was reluctant to send the grille back because I got the impression that Airborne Express would need to inspect the product (plus I would need to package the item and pay postage). Mr. Hauler then requested pictures. It took me some time to order a digital camera, but I recently e-mailed him pictures of the damage. At this point he has not responded.<br> <br> Previous correspondence, near as I can understand, indicated that he was going to send me the door pins again (which had fallen out the damaged shipping box that contained the grille). I think he also mentioned something about the chrome slat covers (I did not order these). There was also something about a mid May deadline. I further noted that DJH billed my credit card an additional $25.00 on 4/3/02. I am not sure what this means. Perhaps the shipping charge on something that has not yet arrived. <br> <br> Obviously waiting for Jerry to work out the details is the best decision, but Mr. Hauler has indicated the he is concerned about my satisfaction and the quality of the product.<br>

G
#10 ·
Hmm, maybe

My original invoice indicated $150.00 for the grille and $20.00 for delivery. I guess that was the old price without the star. They must have recognized that they sent me the star and tacked on the additional charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.