Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Yet another picture thread

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  krk230 
#1 ·
Thanks to the holiday I got to go for a nice cruise this morning down to the water. I was taking some pictures and my car somehow managed to get in some of them so here it is. 05/02/21.

If you have recent pictures of your ride, post them.

See less See more
#7 ·
Mmmmm Daytona...

I should have taken pic's of my car last friday after i had it detailed. Then it rained on saturday and ruined it :(

The black car looks fantastic, i love black cars.

#8 ·
here's the tag team...

my SLK and my 190E...

[:D]

Attachments

#9 ·
Here's some shots of my ride before and after new rims & tires, silver painted calipers (didn't do rear yet), chrome exhaust tip and side indicator frames. Haven't gotten to putting my H&R springs in yet...

BTW, Goodyear Eagle F1's kick ass! Went from stock 16's to 18's and the ride is better(!), quieter, and traction is awesome.

-Nick

Kansas blows

#10 ·
Oops! Here's the pics....

Here's some shots of my ride before and after new rims & tires, silver painted calipers (didn't do rear yet), chrome exhaust tip and side indicator frames. Haven't gotten to putting my H&R springs in yet...

BTW, Goodyear Eagle F1's kick ass! Went from stock 16's to 18's and the ride is better(!), quieter, and traction is awesome.

-Nick

Kansas blows

#12 ·
No post processing - I used my Canon EOS-1D with a 24-70mm F2.8L lens, shot at F2.8, that's why the background is blurred. The shots where the background is clear were shot at F8 or F10.

Should I have a Kompressor badge on the trunk? I've seen a lot of 230's without one, and a few with one. Was that an addition to a particular year?
-Nick

#13 ·
isn't the kompressor trunk script for sport models since they have sport/avantgarde badge on the front fenders?

btw...darktec...i like your shots!...the pic infront of that house is stunning...

and where did you get the Brabus style wheels? [:D]

#14 ·
Actually that house is the cavalry museum here on Ft. Riley, but yeah, that's my favorite shot too, looks aggressive there.

The wheels/tires I got off of Ebay for....$912 w/o shipping. Good deal if you ask me, since the Goodyear F1 tires are brand new and go for $212 each at tire rack.

BTW, those are 245-35-18 all around, and yes, 245 on the front doesn't rub!

I originaly bought the set just for the tires, and was going to get those new SL65 style rims and swap the brabus type out, but I'm debating it now.

I'm attaching a pic of my dream car with the rims in question, should I get these or keep the ones I have?

#15 ·
@ darktek...the 245s will probably rub (in the front) once you lower the car...[;)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.