Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Manual on PDF?

11K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  djshaker 
#1 ·
Where can I get user manual online for my 99 SLK230K? (can't register to MBUSA since I'm not the first owner).

#2 ·
You can register with MB as the 2nd owner and you should it also gets you recall notices.

It also gets you free roadside asst.

The manuals are on E BAy all the time.

#3 ·
RE: Manual

Here is a 99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7909202527&category=34227&sspagename=WDVW

Cheap.

#5 ·
Well, somehow, it doesn't work for me.

Put my VIN, last name and zip code. They can't find my data.

What do you guys need to do to have your data for registration? I already got my title and had serviced via authorized MB dealer 2 times....
What else I need to do? [?]

I want the soft copy since I have my hard copy in the car (just in case), so soft copy on my computer would be handy [:)]

#6 ·
Maybe the last owner can't delete the car from his profile

Hey, I registered before my car was even built[:D][8D]. I got the can't find your data message as well. How could it, the car wasn't in the US - pretty hard since it wasn't built yet - and how could I be the owner? It still let me on and provided info based on the right model year after it asked me to verify something - think I had to enter the VIN more than once. If you can't get in, call MBUSA, I'm sure they'll be able to fix it. Maybe the previous owner registered on-line but never removed the car from his profile. Or, if it is/was his only MB, it may not let him delete the car from the profile without adding one. Kind of stupid, but that is exactly what it did to me when I tried to delete the car from my profile (again before I actually had it).

Here's a question, for some model years, the manual is available from MBUSA on-line and others are not. Can some folks tell us what model years the manual is available for. It is not available for the 2004 model year. I think it is available for 2002 (based a post from Brian).

#7 ·
All,

I have been reading these post about the .PDF owners manual. I also am the second owner of a SLK 230 and I did registered with MBUSA. They must have stopped allowing the download of the manual. I called MBUSA and they have no idea what I am talking about, I also e-mailed them and I have not received anything back (customer service?). My question has anyone downloaded a manual?

Regards,
David
Scotts Valley,CA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.