#1 ·

See less See more
#4 ·
Considering it has a Mercedes aspect to it, look for:
1. Recalls
2. Warranty issues
3. Unexplained stops and starts
4. A strap that has a mind of its own

It's a very, very, very ugly watch. Who in the world designed it at Tag? If this were the Middle-East he'd lose his arm lol.

Sesh

#5 ·
Sesh - 4/25/2004 9:58 AM

Considering it has a Mercedes aspect to it, look for:
1. Recalls
2. Warranty issues
3. Unexplained stops and starts
4. A strap that has a mind of its own

It's a very, very, very ugly watch. Who in the world designed it at Tag? If this were the Middle-East he'd lose his arm lol.

Sesh
LOL![:D][:p]

Its a shame they had to spoil it. The band and casing are nice, but the watchface is way too busy. All those dials and curves....Urgh. Tag Heuer used to make sporty, yet simple watches that were extremely elegant.

#6 ·
Naa... I stick with my Rolex if it's all the same[8D]

#7 ·
Sesh - 4/23/2004 5:58 PM

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I think it is very cool looking. They captured styling points of the SLR very well. I wouldn't mind having one, and by definition, an SLR [:D].

#9 ·
OMG its hideous! First off its square, watches shouldn't be square, its just not natural. Then theres half a dozen dials on it, its cluttered and has no focus. I much prefer my longines.

#12 ·
MAX BLAKELY - 4/24/2004 12:10 AM

Er, Matt, just check the dash timepiece in the Ferrari. You did go ahead and get it didn't cha [?][:)][:)][:D][:D][:D][:D][8D]

Regards

Max
[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]
Ahh Max you'll never guess, I enquired but sadly the item had sold!!! Never mind I'll get the next one aye![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:D][:D][8D]

#16 ·
Recently I was shopping for a new watch for my wife and I was looking at Tag and Rolex. I was told that Tag has been bought by Swatch and thats why their watches are not the same as they used to be. It was a very nice jewelry store so I believe they're right, unless anybody has any other info.

#17 ·
adamrs80 - 4/24/2004 11:34 AM

Recently I was shopping for a new watch for my wife and I was looking at Tag and Rolex. I was told that Tag has been bought by Swatch and thats why their watches are not the same as they used to be. It was a very nice jewelry store so I believe they're right, unless anybody has any other info.
If Tag was part of the Swatch Group, I wouldn't hold that against them. In talking with the skilled repairman who looked at my watch, he pretty much said you can't go wrong with a Tag, Rolex, or Omega - his personal favorite was a classic Omega Seamaster.

I don't think Tag is part of the Swatch Group - being part of the Swatch Group is not the same as being owned by "Swatch". For example, the auto segment of the Swatch Group was involved in the development of the Smart.

The Swatch Group includes the following watch companies- pulled off their website:
•Breguet, Blancpain, Jaquet-Droz, Glashütte-Original/Union, Léon Hatot, Omega, Longines and Rado in the luxury, prestige and the top range segment
•Tissot, Calvin Klein, Certina, Mido, Hamilton and Pierre Balmain in the middle segment
•Swatch and Flik Flak in the basic segment
•and Endura produces "private label" watches whose prices vary according to the customer's wishes

#18 ·
slk320 - 4/24/2004 1:38 PM

matt - 4/23/2004 7:21 PM

Naa... I stick with my Rolex if it's all the same[8D]
[:D]Me too...

Nice collection, I particularly like the Daytona. You know there's a 8 year waiting list for a new one in this country. In the case of my bi metal GMT Master I had to wait for three years.

I could've bought a pre owned rolex but there is always an element of risk being there are so many good fakes out there. I figures better be safe than sorry[:D][:D][:D]
Regards

Attachments

#19 ·
MAX BLAKELY - 4/24/2004 11:10 AM

Right on Matt.....er, you at least get the other half as your second chance[:)][:)][:)][:D][:D][:D]

Be Well
Be sure let me know when the other half becomes available Max!![:D][:D][:D]You've know idea how dissappointed I was to miss the first half.[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)] By the way, was it right hand drive or left hand?? It makes a difference you know[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][8D][:D][:D][:D] I'd hate to be seen sitting in half a Ferrari with no steering wheel or pedals![:D][:D][:D][:D]

#20 ·
SledDog - 4/24/2004 1:59 PM

Sadly have a watch that can't be repaired[V] and am in the market for a replacement. Definitely isn't going to be that Tag[:0].

I think you Rolex guys just convinced me to get an Omega [:I][:D][;)][8D]
You'll learn in due course,[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:D][:D][:D]
At least your taste in Vehicles is on track![:D][:D][:D][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]
Best Regards

#21 ·
Just got a greenie Rolex, I love it. Also got the SS black Daytona last year. You just have to call the local dealers and get on the list. I got lucky on both and didn't have to wait too long.

#22 ·
NO NO NO. Tag was bought by Louis Vuitton as was Zeineth, who supplies movements to lots of other "houses". They used to supply movements to Rolex for their Daytona Chronograph, but with LV buying them, Rolex started to make their own movement for the Daytons.

Tag is now becoming more of legitimate watch maker because they are using more high end movements from Zeineth. Check out any of their Caliber 36 watches. Of course now they cost more.

#23 ·
Norb - 4/24/2004 11:13 PM

Just got a greenie Rolex, I love it. Also got the SS black Daytona last year. You just have to call the local dealers and get on the list. I got lucky on both and didn't have to wait too long.
Typical, things always seem to happen with a certain degree of urgency in the US, I guess it's because in terms of a consumer markets, America, lets face it, is the largest. Therefore we in the UK for example, have to wait that bit longer.[:D][:D][:D]

I really should put in for a placement assignment to the US for a few years with Sun Micro, this will allow me to accrue all the toys I desire with minimum of delay.[:D][:D][:D]

Ahh... What it is to be a capitalistic, materialistic snob!! [:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:D][:D][:D] oh well, I can't help it if I like the finer things in life![:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

#24 ·
Anybody knows what the price will be?

I really like that design! And come on all the Rolex guys out there ;-) ) Think of something more creative than just "another Rolex". I was at a 5* resort last week, and after Casio, the most common watch make was Rolex. How about Patek, a nice reverso, or a Breitling Avenger?

Just pulling your leg, ;-)

#25 ·
RE: Anybody knows what the price will be?

DanPro1 - 4/26/2004 7:18 PM

I really like that design! And come on all the Rolex guys out there ;-) ) Think of something more creative than just "another Rolex". I was at a 5* resort last week, and after Casio, the most common watch make was Rolex. How about Patek, a nice reverso, or a Breitling Avenger?

Just pulling your leg, ;-)
Yes indeed all excellent time pieces. However watches such as Patek or IWC would look pretty stupid on my wrist, I've hands the size of a bunch of bannanas. And you know what they say about people with big hands? They need a pair of large size gloves![:D][:D][:D] A Brietling would be Ok, but then
I'd still have my Rolex through choice.

Here's another thought, I wonder how many of the Rolex you saw were not fakes.

Hey at the end of they day who cares, some people buy something coz it has status, some because they like it and appreciate the craftmanship, and others couldn't give a toss. [:D][:D][:D] Me I like to think I fall into the second category.

Regards

#26 ·
Anyway, who owns just one watch?

Or am I the only fool who buys a new watch about once a year? As I see it, its the only piece of jewelry that men own, why not splurge a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.