Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fixed my fast-blinking turn signal; plus need help identifying a part.

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SledDog 
#1 ·
I started looking at my fast-blinking turn signal problem today. If you recall, the passenger side blinked faster only when the headlights were on and a couple people suggested it could be a bad ground. I noticed that the passenger side front signal was dimmer than the driver's side, so I started checking the connectors around the passenger side headlamp. I lucked out and it was the second one I tried. The connector to the signal in the passenger side headlamp assembly was loose. I pulled it off, cleaned it up and added a little anti-oxidation grease and pushed it all the way back on. Works perfect now.

While I was looking around, I found a small part not connected to anything. Looks like the end to some kind of vent hose. Does anybody know what it is? I'm wondering if it is the vent for the battery and it fell down when the roadside assitance guy was replacing the battery?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, unfortunately, I don't think it fits the new battery.

I think I found the place where it goes. There's a small plastic plug in the hole. I pulled out the plug and pushed the old part in but it won't stay. The hole in the battery is just a little too large.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.