Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Snow again

751 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  OldGit 
#1 ·
So it's snowed again and I've still got S03s. I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to buy a new set of alloys. The intention is to put winter tyres on my original 16" 5 spoke wheels and buy a new set of 17" alloys for summer. I got the Mercedes wheel catalogue and noticed that the wheel pattern I have at the moment (Adharaz, they seem to call it) is available in 17", but they say it only fits the new CLK not the SLK. This is a bit odd, since the specs look very similar to the wheels that do fit the SLK, i.e. the CLK wheels are
7.5JX17 ET36 and 8.5JX17 ET30
The wheels that fit the SLK are
7.5JX17 ET37 (or ET35) and 8.5JX17 ET30.

So I'm pretty sure they should fit (and I did a search and pulled up a post by Brian that said that new CLK wheels will fit the SLK), but why do Mercedes say different. I want to go for the 17" wheels because they're £20 cheaper per rim (???)

#2 ·
They have to fit...

The Adharaz rims have to fit the SLK. The new CLK and the SLK share several other wheels, meaning the bolt patterns and hubs are the same. The Adharaz rims have front and rear offsets that are also within the SLK's specs.

#4 ·
RE: They have to fit...

Thanks for the replies. I suspect the reason that Mercedes don't include the wheels as suitable for the SLK is marketing. These wheels are aimed at the C-class and CLK market which is a bigger and more competitive market so the wheels are priced more competitively. If you want 17" SLk wheels they don't want to sell you these wheels because they want you to pay double the price for different styles, such as AMGs.

I was actually quite surprised at how reasonably priced these wheels are. They're hardly any more expensive than the cheapest AMG replicas, and I prefer the style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.