Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT - Surprise replacement car

627 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Max 
#1 ·
Took wifey's Passat for service and they gave me a modest Toledo as a loaner (I had asked for at least a 1600cc car).

Took it down the road slowly at first to get used to it and then entered the highway - I stepped on it and whoa! This car took off! [:0]

When I parked I walked around the back and read the cryptic "20V T"...hmmm...I checked my facts and deduced this was the 180HP 1.8 Turbo version!

This has to be the ultimate discreet performance car. It looks like a boring, cheapo family car but then it does 0-62mph at 8 seconds flat [:D]

#2 ·
Ahhh, the downsides of living in southern Europe...

I love Greece, Italy, and Spain, but if a 180hp and 0-60 in 8 seconds excites you, then you're being deprived of the basic human right of acceptable automobile performance. You should start a revolution. Just spread the word that the average boring family sedan in the USA has around 200hp and does 0-60mph in under 8 seconds. That should get the majority of the population to back you. Then you and your supporters can storm all goverment offices and demand that taxes on imported vehicles and taxes based on engine displacement and/or power be eliminated.

Sorry Max, I couldn't resist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.