Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1039 miles... The break in is done!

645 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Shane 
#1 ·
I really wanted to get through the break in period so I can have some real fun with this thing[:D]. Varying speed is not an easy thing when you just want to drive fast - good thing there are a lot of twisties. Still, I behaved and didn't hit 4500 rpm until over 900 miles. Just this Sunday, I crossed the 1000 mile mark. I'm still being a little gentle but I did open it up just a little[}:)]. What an exilarating feeling when that puppy takes off.[8D]

Through that 1000 miles, my wife liked to point out the people who turned to take a look at our SLK32 as they went by. Now, I don't think too many folks will be going by.[;)]

#3 ·
RE: You lucky dog. I still have 300 miles to go. I had to park mine

Ain't I though[:D][8D]. You know, here rain is bad enough. The roads get really slick because of the oils. So, I only drove in it because I got caught in it.

I'm sure we could help you break yours in if you want to send it to our SD [8D].

Of course, my dogs would love to be up in the snow!

#4 ·
RE: You lucky dog. I still have 300 miles to go. I had to park mine

DennisGB - 1/27/2004 8:35 AM

over the weekend because of snow. I don't trust other drivers around here enough to drive my new baby in snowy weather.
Dennis, I understand completely. We have had 2-3 days of snow and ice. The new SLK32 has been parked in the garage. I too do not want to take the chance with all the crazies out there. Been driving my wife's Honda instead ... People in the office talk about how they can't wait for the warm weather. I just agree with them. Not because I don't like being cold, but because I want ice free streets to have fun with the SLK32AMG!

#5 ·
Why break it in? Drive it like you stole it...

24/7, 360 days a year. Depreciation is horrible so get your money's worth. I sure did. By the time my SLK32 had 1k miles on it, it had been to top speed seven times, and raced over 50 times from various speeds. I never see the point in break in unless you plan to keep the car out of warranty. Suck the bloodsuckers dry I say.
BTW, never had a warranty issue either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.