Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

For once and for all, what is bulb size of rear turn signals and front signals?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SledDog 
#1 ·
There has been lots of confusion as to what the sizes are? Can somebody who knows tell me what bulb size for rear turn signal and front turn signals are? what is the difference between 1156 and 1157 bulbs anyway?

#4 ·
It matters. Dual filaments are dual intensity (note the dual current or power rating in the spec). The confusion in part numbers probably comes from cross references - same bulb with a different number. For example, I think the 1157, for the front turn signal, has these equivalents: 1034, 1157, 2057, 2357 and may have more.

Did you think about replacing them with LED lamps like the ones at Myroadster.net?

#5 ·
It matters because they have different bayonets. The 1156 are symetrical and the 1157s are offset so you don't confuse the two.

#6 ·
Norb, that's the obvious difference, so obvious I forgot about it [8)]. The 1156 is a single bayonet, for a single filament, the 1157 is a dual bayonet, for a dual filament. The offset certainly helps identify the bulbs, and it provides for the connection to the second filament.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.