Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT... Anyone know where I can get a Euro license plate.........

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Bruce R. 
#1 ·
Preferably German or Austrian?
I would like to put it on the front of my 16 Valve during competition, and possibly to and from the track/autocross lot..........
There was a site in Germany that sold them, but I can't find it any more.

#4 ·
BINGO !

Thanks Arnee.......[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

#8 ·
RE: "European plates"

Saw an interesting 3 Series BMW on the road the other day, in the west end of Richmond.
The rear plate looked to be a German one with a typical letter / number combination and the blue stripe at the LHS. When I pulled closer to the car I saw that instead of a "D" in the blue area there were the letters "USA" !
So it looks like the USA has joined the EEC !!

#12 ·
Actually there is less aero drag with the Euro plate in front............

and I can probably expect to lower the drag by about the same amount that closing up the auxillery air intake below the plate will. (This is for the 190 16 valve, the SLK has no front plate.)
At 100+ mph I expect to gain the equivalent of 1 to 2 hp total for both changes. As an example, removing the two side view mirrors would gain about 5 hp at the same speeds................... [:p][:p][:p]

#13 ·
There are far to many people that would thing my comments were not funny. :)

#14 ·
RE: There are far to many people that would thing my comments were not funny. :)

www.ebay.com

Search for euro plate I did it last week and a guy had some

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=2456932564

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219957889&category=421

#15 ·
My GOD Silverslk, the plate holder said BMW on it !!!!!!!

That would be an insult of the first class to my Mercedes..........J/K[:D][:D][:D]. Thanks for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.