Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

XM Radio in SLK320

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  zschicago 
#1 ·
I installed this Commander in my car. Came out great.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great! Too bad you kept the POS MB cassette system in there (LOL). Question for you....does the shift knob get in the way of the controls for the XM box?

Geekapoo[:eek:)]

#9 ·
XM antenna

Question for you... I put in a Sirius headunit, but installed the antenna on the rear shelf, in between the roll bars and just in front of the part that flips up when you lower the top. I get signal dropouts from time to time, which may be due to the antenna's somewhat limited field of view. How are you finding reception with your setup? It's a little hard to see in the photo--is the antenna on the outside of the glass? And how did you route the antenna cable? Many thx
Bill

#10 ·
So far reception is good. Only tunnels do I lose signal. I mounted on it on the glass using 3m tape. The cable is simply run on the up the outside pillar around the corner of the weather striping and fed back into the inside pillar. Once to the dash I pulled through dash. I also thought about installing on the inside, but was concerned about signal loss. This seems the work. Plus these new antennas are tiny, so you can hardly see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.