Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

warranty about to expire. what to look for.

748 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  George Bishopric 
#1 ·
I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the thread.
My warrenty will be running out shortly (2000 more miles left), and I will probably keep the car. I just had the B-Service done, but now I want to bring it in one last time to fix whatever could still be covered. For example the peeling paint, heated seats, ratteling door. I already got the pillar rub fixed.
Anybody any ideas what else to look for? Is it worth to get an independent inspection (its about $150)?

#2 ·
I have a 2001 slk320 that went out of warranty back in September. I did not get the inspection but I do not think it is a bad idea.

If it makes you feel better I would do it - I would spend $150 for peace of mind any day. However, for me - it felt better to risk it.

I hope this helps. To date - with 68,000 miles no problems.

#5 ·
independent inspection

I had one done before I bought the car. The guy said that the supercharger was too loud and I should have it checked. When I told the MB people about it, they said the volume of the SC is normal, and that I should have done the inspection at a MB dealership.

About the tranny, I have a manual. See the other post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.