Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need windshield wiper blade recommendation...

1K views 8 replies 0 participants last post by  Chris(LE) 
G
#1 ·
Last weekend I had to pull over on the freeway when some of the the rubber separated from my windshield wiper blade and began beating on the side window. They've been used less than 10 times in 2 1/2 years, but the AZ heat is really hard on rubber. Still, every other car I've owned in AZ never did that in 6 years, so I won't be replacing them with the M-B OEM blades if I don't have to.<br>
<br>
What non-MB brand/model works--and more importantly fits--on the SLK.<br>

G
#6 ·
Fred posted the following on 4/4/2001

560mm Bosch Micro Edge Refill (Part# 43322)<br>
<br>
Let us know how they work. As I previously posted the OEM rubbers with the metal spines are a total pain to replace.

G
#8 ·
BTW Chris, about installation...

I never got around to posting pics of it... just like how I've never gotten around posting pics of the three different kind of stainless steel roll bars (but I SOON will).<br>
<br>
Sorry about that!

G
#9 ·
Keep in mind

I'm talking about the installation of the wiper rubbers not the metal frame that unhooks from the arm. The metal frame removal is easy. I suppose the OEM wiper rubber installation would be much easier if the damn things didn't have those silver colored metal braces which easily fall out of the grooves in the rubber. I'm not all that crazy about the OEM blade's performance. I'm guessing the Bosch have a one piece grooved plastic brace which would be much easier to install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.